I'd have a huge favor to ask of an owner of both beyerdynamic DT990 and Fidelio X1
Nov 14, 2014 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hachiroku

Head-Fier
Hello, once again, dear head-fi community !

This might have already been asked, with the risk of getting banned, I would have some questions regarding the fore-mentioned matter. I seriously didn't have the time to check through every recent thread to make sure it hasn't been requested yet, and I hope it won't get me opposition. So, before I say anything else, I really have a comfort/fit issue with a lot of headphones, and I would really ask for a huge favor from someone who owns both Beyerdynamic DT990 premiums and Fidelio X1 : could you perhaps measure the cushion diameter ?Specifically, I'm only interested in the pads or padding of them, I've been searching for some info regarding that exact size but all I'd gotten was circumaural or general dimensions, which didn't seem to be what I'm looking for. The fidelio X1s really have a good fit, even more than I need for my ears, but I need to make sure the others won't be a tight fit or would have the cushion/padding sit on my ears because for some reason it gets painful (yeah, I have sensitivity issues regarding that matter). Anyhow, felt like I should describe my issue a bit so there you have it. The Fidelio X1s are really comfy and seem to fit my taste, even though I still haven't driven them (and I can say 50-60 volume level isn't really loud, it's rather not enough but I don't want to push it). Maybe the only thing that bothers me is the textile pad which slides a lot on my head. 
But I'm really curious about the Beyers, been only hearing great things about them, so I would really appreciate it if someone can take the time to type in the measurement info !

Thank you in advance !

Nov 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 2
Gonna try bumping the thread, also adding a TLDR.

TLDR; I'm trying to figure out whether the ear cushions/pads from the Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium are the same size as the ones from Fidelio X1 (just the "inner" diameter of the circumaural padding, not drivers or anything else), or at least close to them. Don't like tight fits, I've got sensitive ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back