iCustoms - The Worst Idea Ever?
Jan 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 27
I guess i wasn't clear enough. My point is the exact same point that buffalowings made. No offence to you intended.

Quote:
Darknessproz: I'm not disagreeing with you. I should have explained myself more cleary but I'm only on my phone so pardon the brevity. I doubt any of the adaptors can reach the level of even a good budget iem. I was just saving it might be better to get cheaper comply version (which I originally posted as$30 then researched and saw they where $10 and edited my post) and be disappointed as opposed to the $150 for the Icustoms. But I'll keep my stupid thoughts to myself from now on.

Buffalo wings: I guess youre right they would be iems.

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #19 of 27
the average consumer wouldn't be interested in this, because who the hell has heard of westone other than hearing aide users and audiophiles? and also, they're far too expensive for the average consumer to be willing to plunk down. also, this becomes completely redundant for audiophiles who actually prefer earbuds for comfort or w/e over IEM's because the custom tips turn them exactly into one

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #20 of 27
The "cheap" (selling for 25SGD here!) Comply Whoomp! helps very little in improving the SQ of iduds. What's more, they will loosen and no longer stay on the earbuds. I bought a pair to tide over until my 1964-Q comes and they become so loose that they are now useless. I will be better off getting Meelec/Sound Magic etc than wasting money even on the Comply Whoomp. There are plenty of cheap and decent sounding IEMs now and I see no use for spending so much money on the ibuds.

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #21 of 27
Targeted for Apple fanboys, I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #23 of 27
Most earbuds doesn't actually sound better by using a fully sealed custom eartips. Earbuds are designed to be opened / semi-opened. Sealing the front will alter the signature of the earbuds, and that is not always a good thing. It the the same principle (in reverse) as to not sealing the IEM, which generally result in bass lost and harsh treble. Sealing an earbud will likely be the opposite, gain bass and treble lost

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
Most earbuds doesn't actually sound better by using a fully sealed custom eartips. Earbuds are designed to be opened / semi-opened. Sealing the front will alter the signature of the earbuds, and that is not always a good thing. It the the same principle (in reverse) as to not sealing the IEM, which generally result in bass lost and harsh treble. Sealing an earbud will likely be the opposite, gain bass and treble lost

...wonder what westone was thinking while making this move...

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
What ClieOS said. Some will pay $150 just to make iBuds worse.

but this is westone we're talking about...this isn't monster...where most of the stuff they churn out is crap, and when they finally get it right, they go back to making crap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back