IC: Portland Oregon Bi-Annual Meet..Date? location?
Dec 27, 2009 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sachu

Headphoneus Supremus
Its about that time again. Figured might as well get this thread rolling.

We need to decide on a date, time and location.

Was thinking either Feb 21st, Feb 28th or March 7th.

If there is enough interest we can go ahead getting things organized.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 16
I'd be down for that,

Not that I factor very highly into the consideration of these types of things...

But I'd be happy to show
smily_headphones1.gif

(can offer SRH840, MF V-Dac, and Bravo Mini-Amp to share/play with)

Very new to Head-Fi, but sounds like fun!

- Guthrie

Jan 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be down for that,

Not that I factor very highly into the consideration of these types of things...

But I'd be happy to show
smily_headphones1.gif

(can offer SHR840, MF V-Dac, and Bravo Mini-Amp to share/play with)

Very new to Head-Fi, but sounds like fun!

- Guthrie

Aye..going to a meet 2 years ago in PDX was what got me into this too. Its more about meeting folks for me now and the more the merrier.
Curious to hear the Shure so do bring it along (though you are not obliged to as there will be plenty of gear to listen to )

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoginasser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds great Sachu!
Count me in
wink.gif

Excellent!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm in town, you count me in too.

Alright!!..now things are starting to pick up ..Now where is Ken and Andrew, dbel84, ham_sandwich, boomy, jopagi, devin and the others..
ph34r.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 16
I must be dyslexic when I type things late at night, (Meant to say SRH840, not SHR840)

I will most definitely bring them to play with
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to hear there's some good interest going around,

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 16
Preferably Feb and not on a tues or thurs for me.

I will bring my At-706s, Mits Da-a10dc, my Fw900 CRT monitor, and my pc with some music, HD movies, and games on it for people to have fun with.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 16
There was some talk in one of our Seattle Meets about having a combined Portland/Seattle meet in March, perhaps in Centralia, Wa. So far, this was just talk but it might be nice especially if neither city has made definite plans to have their own meet yet. Even if we do separate meets before then, it would still be nice to try a combined meet. Seems you guys have a lot of gear we haven't heard and vice versa. Looks like Centralia is about 1 1/2 hours from both locations, which isn't too bad.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, we can take it to the next step and post an interest check and see if we can secure a library location.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 16
Boomy's IN!!! With this much notice I get manage anything in that range. I have one of the last pre "Fun" compass with all three OPA's but that's about all I have new. Upgraditis has been in remission for a while and nothing in the for sale threads has caught my eye. Maybe Sachu can PM "Big Poppa" up in Seattle and touch bases about a Centralia meet.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Sachu can PM "Big Poppa" up in Seattle and touch bases about a Centralia meet.

It's looking pretty doubtful, since he's banned.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 16
I have an in law that is waiting for a meet in Portland. I will probably be making a weekend out of it. Just need a date to coordinate things. My wife is slowly gravitating toward Head-fi. After a few years and several meets it was bound to happen.

I was banned?????

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an in law that is waiting for a meet in Portland. I will probably be making a weekend out of it. Just need a date to coordinate things. My wife is slowly gravitating toward Head-fi. After a few years and several meets it was bound to happen.

I was banned?????

I was thinking that too but it looks like Sachu is banned.

I'm not sure I'd be able to do a Portland meet but still up for the combined one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back