IC: DFW meet #2. (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Dec 11, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #31 of 112
that would be totally awesome. i'm a senior in high school though, and plano goes back on the 4th, so would it bw on the afternoon of the 7th?

Dec 11, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #32 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
that would be totally awesome. i'm a senior in high school though, and plano goes back on the 4th, so would it bw on the afternoon of the 7th?

The 7th is a Saturday. Look at 2006.
wink.gif

-Alex-

Dec 11, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #33 of 112
Holy cow, how did I miss this Holiday dish?

Most likely I can do the 7th. It is hit or miss with my work schedule and a 5 hour drive. Right now, if there is/will be room, I'm looking at about 80% chance of attending.

If so the gear I will bring would be...

Recabled SA5K
Denon 3910
Maybe a headamp GS-X (scheduled, but has been delayed before)

Dec 11, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #35 of 112
Everyone added and list of gear is updated. I am still looking for a place for this meet. There are a few head-fi members helping and I would like to say thank you all.

-Alex-

Dec 12, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #36 of 112
[AK]Zip, you said you are in plano. have you considered using one of the meeting rooms at one of the plano libraries? i have used them often when planning for group meetings. they have plenty of bench tables and chairs we can pull out. all you need is a valid plano library card and something that proves residency. i unfortunately do not have the latter, bc i live on the other side of frankford, technically making me a dallas resident.

Dec 12, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #37 of 112
Quote:

[AK]Zip, you said you are in plano. have you considered using one of the meeting rooms at one of the plano libraries? i have used them often when planning for group meetings. they have plenty of bench tables and chairs we can pull out. all you need is a valid plano library card and something that proves residency. i unfortunately do not have the latter, bc i live on the other side of frankford, technically making me a dallas resident.

I was going to suggest the library here in Flower Mound. I know they have a big room that is usually empty. I don't have a problem going to Plano but I would be happy to contact the library here if it would help...

-Chris

Dec 12, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #38 of 112
Quote:

Great suggestion I never thought about that. I will give a few libraries a try. To be able to get a meeting room though does everyone who comes need a Plano library card or only the person who is hosting the meeting?

Thanks,
Alex

Dec 12, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #39 of 112
only the person who is renting the room.

you will want to book fast though, the rooms at all the libraries sometimes booked months in advance.

edit:
check out the haggard library (972.769.4250) on coit and park. it just reopened from renovation, so the reserve list may still be empty. the link for reservations are here: http://www.planolibrary.org/programrooms1.htm

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #40 of 112
[size=xx-large]MAJOR UPDATE ON PAGE 1![/size]

I have now secured a place for the meet. The time and date is also on page one. If I left anything out please let me know and I will update it.

-Alex-

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #41 of 112
sweet! change mine to a confirmed!

Dec 13, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #42 of 112
I removed my HD650's from the list since I sold them a few days ago. I will also be removing my SA5000's from the list because the sale is currently pending.

In other news Pappucho will be sending me some sample Portaphile Amplifiers for everyone to try out. Thanks Cesar.

-Alex-

Dec 14, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #45 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardbop
Hmm, that's tempting...

I might be able to come. Are any other Houstonians planning on attending?

I had 1-2 contact me with a maybe depends on something or other.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
Awesome. I should be able to head up there early and help set up.

Fantastic. Thanks a lot.

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back