iBasso T3?
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Pangaea

Headphoneus Supremus
Up front I will just say I know very little about this amp and was hoping those in the know could give some input. I find myself very curious about this upcoming amp and could only find bits and pieces of info scattered in other threads.

Apparently a few have heard the proto. Could you please weigh in on the size/ dimensions (same as T4?) and what it add to the T line? Any SQ impressions are of course welcome.

And lastly, do we have any kind of release date?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 13
It is the same case as the T4. It will be released in around a month from now and the SQ is excellent for the price and size. It steps up to being very near the best sounding portables for IEM's, which is what it is meant for but it will power regular headphones but don't expect it to go to the volume levels of a larger more powerful portable or that of a home amp. With regards though to SQ with IEM's, it does a very fine job.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 13
I would think the next in series to be a 'T5', ha. I like my T4 but I just wish it can be a bit more transparent, hopefully the new amp can improve on that. Also, if you are in contact with iBasso, Jamato8, please tell them to put some clear coating on the back this time. The back of my T4 get scratched up too fast.

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think the next in series to be a 'T5', ha. I like my T4 but I just wish it can be a bit more transparent, hopefully the new amp can improve on that. Also, if you are in contact with iBasso, Jamato8, please tell them to put some clear coating on the back this time. The back of my T4 get scratched up too fast.

I will suggest it. The T3 is more transparent and in general, better sounding in all areas.

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #7 of 13
There are only two things that really bug me with the T4. One is that everytime I get a call on my Iphone, my ears nearly fall off because of all that stuttering this amp produces.
The other one is that constant background noise it produces.
frown.gif

If these two things would be handled in the T3 while everything else stays the same, it would be a dream of an amp!

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 13
Finally I can sell my brick P3+ and get this. How's the sound compared to the P3? With IEM's? Price?

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 13
What about Clip + T3 + ER-4P/S. Would it be good value for money? I had owned Corda 2Move with quables mini-to-mini but it wasn't as good as I expected for money and I sold it. Or better go for Minibox E? Thank for ideas :).

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figuto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Clip + T3 + ER-4P/S. Would it be good value for money? I had owned Corda 2Move with quables mini-to-mini but it wasn't as good as I expected for money and I sold it. Or better go for Minibox E? Thank for ideas :).

I tried clip + T4 + ER4S, the combo quite good. transparent and separation, highs are smooth. If T3 is better than T4, it should work well.

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will suggest it. The T3 is more transparent and in general, better sounding in all areas.

so how does it compare to the RSA offerings...Mustang or Shadow? can it play in the same ballpark?

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #12 of 13
I have a somewhat general question about the T3 since I'm quite new to the whole amp world let alone the portable division of it.

I've currently got the Cowon S9 -> E5 -> RE0 combo. I was wondering what added value (increase in SQ, Bass, Staging etc) I would get / can expect with replacing the E5 with the T3 considering the fact that the E5 is kind of on the bottom of the pile amp wise.

Also I'm not sure what's up with the LOD cable everbody keeps going on about, as far as I am aware the only way to get any musical output from my S9 is through the 3.5mm plug, so no Line Out for me or am I mistaken in this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back