iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 13, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,096 of 3,079
This is the answer. I tried the smallest silicone tips that came with the UE TF10 and they work great. Nowhere near the amount of bass boost as the stock tips. That's just an early impression, but I'll keep listening.

I also use wide-bore silicon UE TF10 tips and find them great with IT01. However, it tames bass a bit, with less midbass and preserved sub-bass.

Feb 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,097 of 3,079
I exclusively use Comply tips on my IEM's.

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #1,098 of 3,079
The IT01's were the sixth IEM I've purchased since November when I came back to Head-Fi. I've liked everything I've purchased but the IT01, for me, have been the best. Call me, text me, email me when the IT01s get an upgrade or there's another $100-ish IEM that totally outperforms these in instrument separation, tonality and detail. Using an LG V30+, high impedance mode and triple flange tips and these things are fantastic so far with my FLAC collection.

How do you get the V30 in high impedance mode?

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #1,099 of 3,079
Feb 13, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,100 of 3,079
Haven't read a single valid complaint in 72 pages. And I think it would be the same if it costed twice as much.

And I still smile when I remember I got it for 50£ :p

I think my two complaints are valid- Even after tip rolling, too much bass for me, and the driver flex (crinkling noise) when inserting them is concerning.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #1,101 of 3,079
I think my two complaints are valid- Even after tip rolling, too much bass for me, and the driver flex (crinkling noise) when inserting them is concerning.

Yours are burned in? The midbass settles after burn-in

As for the driver flex, just insert them slowly, puill your ear so you don't push against a closed space, and be careful to not cover the vents. Insert them slowly...

Your complaint about the bass is stirctly a preference thing, but the driver flex is an issue, and if there is too much, that might be an issue

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,102 of 3,079
Yours are burned in? The midbass settles after burn-in

As for the driver flex, just insert them slowly, puill your ear so you don't push against a closed space, and be careful to not cover the vents. Insert them slowly...

Your complaint about the bass is stirctly a preference thing, but the driver flex is an issue, and if there is too much, that might be an issue

I have been putting them in slowly, and pulling my earlobe as I usually do. Slowly seems to be the key to avoiding the driver movement.

As far as burn in, mine only have a few hours on them. I've never been much of a proponent of headphone burn in. I've owned dozens of headphones and iems and can't recall a single time the sound has changed so significantly, as these would need to. The only time I've ever heard a component "burn in" is when upgrading the parafeed caps in my Torpedo amp and the high pass caps in a pair of bookshelf speakers I have.

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,103 of 3,079
If these are considered bass heavy IEMs then I must be a total bass head since they aren't nearly as bassy as my other IEMs. They sound pretty balanced to me, with a slight U shape.

I've been using Spiral Dot tips.

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,104 of 3,079
The difference from a new pair of IT01 and a pair with a number of hours on them, to me, is significant. I have a new pair here because I am taking them to CanJam NYC and wanted to burn them in. The difference between my pair with many hours and these to me is extreme.

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #1,105 of 3,079
I have been putting them in slowly, and pulling my earlobe as I usually do. Slowly seems to be the key to avoiding the driver movement.

As far as burn in, mine only have a few hours on them. I've never been much of a proponent of headphone burn in. I've owned dozens of headphones and iems and can't recall a single time the sound has changed so significantly, as these would need to. The only time I've ever heard a component "burn in" is when upgrading the parafeed caps in my Torpedo amp and the high pass caps in a pair of bookshelf speakers I have.

Those should burn in nicely, and iBasso recommends it. As for the flex, that is the trick, they shouldn't degrade because of it

If these are considered bass heavy IEMs then I must be a total bass head since they aren't nearly as bassy as my other IEMs. They sound pretty balanced to me, with a slight U shape.

I've been using Spiral Dot tips.

Welp. You must love bass to bits if you feel like that.

I can take quite a bit more sub-bass, but the midbass hits a sweet spot of giving the musical notes enough weight, without thickening the whole sound too much.

The difference from a new pair of IT01 and a pair with a number of hours on them, to me, is significant. I have a new pair here because I am taking them to CanJam NYC and wanted to burn them in. The difference between my pair with many hours and these to me is extreme.

I agree, I tend to notice burn-in if it happens, and so far IT01 exhibits quite a bit of it to my ears. I've no idea if this driver tech is the thing that wexhibits it, or if it is connected to the tech behind the cables, or any of those two, but I can hear it.

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,109 of 3,079
I agree. I initially found them somewhat bass heavy, but that was straight out of the box. Now that they are broken in, I don't find them bass heavy at all. I have to supplement them with bass EQ on my DAP to get the bass I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back