iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Aug 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #196 of 864
Now I'm having a problem with my DX90.  I just copied a couple of albums over and now I get a screechy high pitched tone and no music.  I did the following but it didn't help.

1. Took out the card to see if the noise would go away but it didn't.
2. Did a factory reset and that didn't correct the problem either.
3. Downloaded the latest firmware and installed it and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #197 of 864
Are you sure you plug your headphone in the right hole? It sounds like you are hearing the digital signal from the coax out.

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #199 of 864
got a problem which quite surprised me .. 
bought an original 128gb sandisk micro SD and jammed it with about 80 GB of music
each time i press all music to choose a song from the full list the player takes a minute more or less to show all the songs and it happens every time i need to access there. even if im already playing a song from ALL MUSIC .. seems wierd to me, is that normal ? 

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #202 of 864
  maybe i should format the MICRO SD to NTFS instead of exFAT ? 

From what I understand exFAT should work best.  Do you have another card to try?  I have seen that different cards behave differently.

If you want to try to change formatting, I would do FAT32 rather than NTFS… and even though ExFat is supposed to be better for large capacity cards, formatting to FAT32 has solved a few problems with me with my 128 GB mSD cards. Even though, if you have a lot of music, some lag when you call the All Music screen is normal (some few seconds, however, definitely not a minute - I think that with my 128 GB mSD card essentially full, I wait no more than 5 secs)

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #203 of 864
I've been out of the loop for awhile in regards to DAPS, I picked up a used x3 awhile back and it sounds very nice, now I want to upgrade to another type build etc... Is the DX90 the best sounding DAP in that kinda sub $500 mark, I just want your opinion between it and the X5 or another model I'm unaware of.

I'm not holding anyone's feet to the fire I just want to get some direction....... Thanks folks

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #204 of 864
Probably not the best place to ask in the bug thread :wink:

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #205 of 864
Not sure if this is relevant. I had a Galaxy player with internal memory plus microSD slot, much like the DX-90. I started getting errors: "player does not support this format..." and "...files missing..." etc. At first I'd power the player down and restart, and it would work. Then I'd have to power down, eject and insert the card. The problem got so frequent I had to do this a couple times a day. I treated the contacts of the card with CAIG DeoxIT Gold. Never had the problem again. Evidently contact resistance can be a problem even with gold plating.

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #206 of 864
I've been out of the loop for awhile in regards to DAPS, I picked up a used x3 awhile back and it sounds very nice, now I want to upgrade to another type build etc... Is the DX90 the best sounding DAP in that kinda sub $500 mark, I just want your opinion between it and the X5 or another model I'm unaware of.

I'm not holding anyone's feet to the fire I just want to get some direction....... Thanks folks

I listen to the DX90 straight out of it and as a transport and I think it is one of the best sounding daps around and at an excellent price, IMO. I would pose the question in the DX90 thread for  sound impressions. 

Aug 16, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #207 of 864
I remember reading about this bug, but couldn't find it in this thread so with the Lurker 2.1.0 firmware I have the following issue:

I use directory browse/play.
I have just FLAC files (and folder.jpg) in my folders, one album in each folder, correctly tagged and named 01 - song1, 02 - song2, 03 - song 3 .....
Whenever I'm playing the first song in a new directory, the second song is not in order but a random song out of that folder.
This happens when it just continues to play at the end of song 1 or when i push the forward button.
This happens almost all the time. There are rare exceptions where it works as expected.
This happens when playing from SD card and via USB OTG
Going back and forth a couple of times using the buttons always helps, so e.g. I play song 1, forward to the next one (random in this case), back to song 1: Then the correct order is played song 1 > song 2 > song 3

I've done a master reset, formatted the sd card, rescanned the library. Nothing helped.

I can't remember having this issue with the stock 2.1.0

Like I said, I've read about this issue somewhere, so is there anyone having the same problem? Should I contact iBasso or has that already been done.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #208 of 864
I as understand it there should be no functional difference between a lurker fw and the corresponding stock fw as lurker makes no changes to the mango player but only the underlaying android configuration

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #209 of 864
I remember reading about this bug, but couldn't find it in this thread so with the Lurker 2.1.0 firmware I have the following issue:

I use directory browse/play.
I have just FLAC files (and folder.jpg) in my folders, one album in each folder, correctly tagged and named 01 - song1, 02 - song2, 03 - song 3 .....
Whenever I'm playing the first song in a new directory, the second song is not in order but a random song out of that folder.
This happens when it just continues to play at the end of song 1 or when i push the forward button.
This happens almost all the time. There are rare exceptions where it works as expected.
This happens when playing from SD card and via USB OTG
Going back and forth a couple of times using the buttons always helps, so e.g. I play song 1, forward to the next one (random in this case), back to song 1: Then the correct order is played song 1 > song 2 > song 3

I've done a master reset, formatted the sd card, rescanned the library. Nothing helped.

I can't remember having this issue with the stock 2.1.0

Like I said, I've read about this issue somewhere, so is there anyone having the same problem? Should I contact iBasso or has that already been done.

Thanks!

That's a bug in 2.1.0. If the folder /album played for the first time the play order is a mess. play it again from the first track and should play in correct order.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #210 of 864
That's a bug in 2.1.0. If the folder /album played for the first time the play order is a mess. play it again from the first track and should play in correct order.

Thanks!
That's most likely the explanation. I was almost exclusively listening to new stuff I just copied onto the device. Seems we would have to wait for fix from iBasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back