Ibasso DX80
Aug 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #211 of 1,208
What features will it have? :smile:

Still to be announced. It will, however, have good WiFi for streaming music such as Tidal, etc. No release date, but knowing iBasso, the bar will be raised quite high!

PS: Some more hints and teasers would be welcome, Paul!

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #213 of 1,208

What features will it have?
smile.gif

Ahaha! Epic!

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #214 of 1,208
If there is still a chance to change the shape of the player, can you make the corners rounder? I've ruined some of my pants' pockets from my DX50. You can keep the sides still edgy for more grips.

Please also make the switches and sockets more resilient. My gain switch is starting to act up and FF button getting mushier everyday. HO/LO is getting loose from the frequent plugging/unplugging (both intentional and accidental) so a beefier socket would be awesome. I use IEM on the road and headphones at home (GR10 and SR80e)

I'm an all-music/shuffle guy who uses his DAP from his pocket so this are my main concerns. I'm on the road 5-6 hours everyday so I'm okay with the current battery life I'm getting. As for the sound, my DX50 makes due but please have perfect channel balance from the low volume to high volume (130-220).

Thanks

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #216 of 1,208
It depends upon the pocket. I see reports on a number of daps that have the sockets go bad. There is a lot of stress on the socket by the plug when placed in a pocket. The socket will be very well secured with extra tabs soldered to the board. We are having custom sockets made. The shape of the case is finalized.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 28, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #217 of 1,208
It depends upon the pocket. I see reports on a number of daps that have the sockets go bad. There is a lot of stress on the socket by the plug when placed in a pocket. The socket will be very well secured with extra tabs soldered to the board. We are having custom sockets made. The shape of the case is finalized.
I really think a silicone or leather case could prevent any of that pocket business. Keep movin on Paul.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #223 of 1,208
I'm just saying what I experienced with my iBasso DX50 and my proposed changes for the next iteration. Form factor should be considered more especially for DAPs that are supposed to be portable. But if the chassis design is already for production, then I just have to try it before buying. (I have thick, muscular thighs to triangle choke y'all guys who only think of skinny jeans :D)

Still, I maintain that the sockets and buttons be more resilient for everyday use. For the sockets, maybe screw it on the chassis aside from having extra solders on the PCB?

Quote:

P.S. I just discovered jackets. Have at it with the design, make it sound as good as possible for the price.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #224 of 1,208

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] Yes, I think you're right . But it would be a great thing which I gladly would pay for.[/color]

+1 I would too. Still a bargain at the price imo.
Just hang on mate. It'll be here later. : )

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #225 of 1,208
  Also, please don't make it too tall. DAP in pants' pockets causes some unwanted poking action. Seriously.
frown.gif

I leave my DX50 in my pocket all the time, and I've never found it uncomfortable at all. Apart from being thicker, it's smaller in length and width than my smartphone, which sits in the other pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back