Ibasso DX80
Oct 26, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #496 of 1,208
  So, there should be no more hardware changes, software polishing only? Paul, could you clarify (or reiterate) whether DX 80 will be able to work as an USB DAC without any drivers installation (unlike my DX90) and whether crystal clock oscillators (TCXO) will be utilized in USB DAC mode for jitter reduction, just like in DAP mode?

For Mac there is no driver needed for Windows a driver will be provided. The USB Dac mode does use an oscillator to reduce any jitter.

Any ideas of time scale for release?

Within a week.

Always amazes me the lack of information and communication iBasso provides compared to even just say, FiiO.  We all know ya'll got the info, and we know Paul probably browse this thread daily and sees our questions daily.  Can you guys stop keeping your consumer in the dark and just answer some questions?  Only show up to damage control some ****ty units at the show...

I have given information throughout this thread and other places. Please read back into this thread. And the only damage control was so that people would understand that the DX80's at the show were preproduction models primarily to show what it looked like and basic functions.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #498 of 1,208

Any word on the battery life during playback yet?

It depends upon they format is being played and how much current is required for what you are listening with. With lossless and IEM's or most portable headphones around 11 to 12 hours.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #499 of 1,208

It depends upon they format is being played and how much current is required for what you are listening with. With lossless and IEM's or most portable headphones around 11 to 12 hours.

Thanks. That's all I wanted to know. As long as the number is double digits....

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #500 of 1,208
  For Mac there is no driver needed for Windows a driver will be provided. The USB Dac mode does use an oscillator to reduce any jitter.

Thanks for the information, Paul 

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #501 of 1,208
  Thanks for the information, Paul 

You bet.

I also notice that some people think I wrote lossy for the run time of the DX80 to get 11 to 12 hours. I wrote lossless. Higher resolution like DSD will be shorter as it takes more use of the CPU for higher resolution files.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #502 of 1,208
Hi Paul,  I know I've asked a couple times, but was wondering, will the DX80 or for that matter, the DX90 be able to read M3U playlists in the future?  The reason why I keep asking is that the iBasso products have my favorite house sound, but I like to carry both music, audiobooks and radio programs with me and the only realistic way to do that without carrying additional hardware is to use playlists.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #504 of 1,208
Paul,
Off topic but when I google the p5 it only shows up through on ibasso website only. No U.S. Sellers? I checked b&h photo also, no go. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back