iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #76 of 1,489
Ape files are played with pauses and lots of clicks. With flac there are no problems with it. But there are some clicks between songs and a couple of clicks in the beginning of some songs. Also not any cue file is supported. Some cue are read, and some are not

I don't get any clicks or stops. Maybe do a factory reset. I play all formats from lossy to DSD with no issues. Gapless is working great.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #78 of 1,489

I don't get any clicks or stops. Maybe do a factory reset. I play all formats from lossy to DSD with no issues. Gapless is working great.

Tried to do a reset and also to reinstall the firmware with doing a reset after installation. All still the same. Clicks&freezings. And some files are played perfectly, but the others are with this problems. It depends on files, not on other circumstances.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #80 of 1,489
Here are My concern about this DX80:
1. DAC mode, whenever I plug it into my Mac comp, always come out as card reader. There is no button to change to dac mode. I need to unplug, change to dac mode on usb setting, and then replug again to computer. Not practical for user. It will be great if we can change the usb mode without unplug first and without stuck at card reader mode.

2. Some of album/song artwork showing pixelated picture. Even tho I changed the artwork resolution and big or small file image. As an art director..To be honest, I feel disturbed about this problem and irritating my eyes to look at. I don't know for other people about this issue.

3. I'm pairing my DX80 with amp. Connecting with line out output. Installed new firmware.
For portable amp: sound amazing. But, when the music playing, sometime or often the song like paused/lag/delay for split second. Tried using other interconnect, different files of song (MP3, flax, wav) and it still there. Reformatted the sd card and factory reset also the problem still there.
For desktop amp: the volume sound is so weak. I tried using headphone out, still weak also. Weaker than using portable amp. Is it the line out still not stable yet?

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #81 of 1,489
1. DAC mode, whenever I plug it into my Mac comp, always come out as card reader. There is no button to change to dac mode. I need to unplug, change to dac mode on usb setting, and then replug again to computer. Not practical for user. It will be great if we can change the usb mode without unplug first and without stuck at card reader mode.

2. Some of album/song artwork showing pixelated picture. Even tho I changed the artwork resolution and big or small file image. As an art director..To be honest, I feel disturbed about this problem and irritating my eyes to look at. I don't know for other people about this issue.

3. I'm pairing my DX80 with amp. Connecting with line out output. Installed new firmware.
For portable amp: sound amazing. But, when the music playing, sometime or often the song like paused/lag/delay for split second. Tried using other interconnect, different files of song (MP3, flax, wav) and it still there. Reformatted the sd card and factory reset also the problem still there.
For desktop amp: the volume sound is so weak. I tried using headphone out, still weak also. Weaker than using portable amp. Is it the line out still not stable yet?

The lineout problem is happening to me too, its reported to Ibasso and theyre working on it!

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #83 of 1,489
It will be great if we can change the usb mode without unplug first and without stuck at card reader mode.
Though, theoretically, it is possible to implement USB device role change on the fly, it is hard to do on a good compatibility level, with software only solution. You should understand that if you wish role selector at desktop side, it must be a custom driver from iBasso with control software.

So better to keep it as is, easy way for developers, to let them concentrate on more useful features.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #84 of 1,489

It happens with FLAC and Mp3.  If I play ONLY the final track, it plays fine.  However, when I play an entire album, the final tracks stops prematurely. My card is formatted to FAT 32.  It works fine on my IBasso DX90 as well as my FiiO X5. On these devices, the music plays all the way through to the end of the final track.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #85 of 1,489

I have gone to the last song on a few albums and checked for this but mine plays to the end of song, to the last second. What format do you experience this in? 

It happens with FLAC and Mp3.  If I play ONLY the final track, it plays fine.  However, when I play an entire album, the final tracks stops prematurely. My card is formatted to FAT 32.  It works fine on my IBasso DX90 as well as my FiiO X5. On these devices, the music plays all the way through to the end of the final track.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #86 of 1,489

I have been using the DX80 as a dac with my Macbook Pro and before I plug it in, I change it to dac mode. Fast and easy and it works great as a USB dac. It takes a few seconds. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #87 of 1,489

And you did a FW update with a factory reset after the update?

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #89 of 1,489
  I have been using the DX80 as a dac with my Macbook Pro and before I plug it in, I change it to dac mode. Fast and easy and it works great as a USB dac. It takes a few seconds. 

yes correct. However, i often forgotten change it to dac mode before i plug to computer which make me spend another extra few more seconds.
my bad.. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #90 of 1,489
I just got my DX80 this morning. It has FW 1.0.0, and I'm getting errors trying to update since my card is 200GB. I ordered a smaller one so that I can update the firmware, but that won't be here until Saturday.

But I'm seeing an issue where the DX80 loaded only 639 out of 2,115 FLACs on the card. Is this an issue known to be fixed with FW 1.1.2? If not, does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue, and/or what may be causing it? (Note that all of these FLACs loaded into a DX90 without issue.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back