iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 13, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #9,350 of 14,596
I saw that. He has more nerve than me taking it out in public....
Yeah i still dont understand why the top companies make "portable" headphones so flashy. Fortunately the Lirics have a bit subdued style but still they look expensive. Dont even want to mention Focals. I think you can see the Stellias even on google maps.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #9,351 of 14,596
Have you guys any experience with the sennheisers ie900 combined with the dx300? I decided to stretch my budged to 1300e for the next headphones. Really want to get something more out of the dx300 and i feel that the xelentos while being very nice dont squeeze the best out of it. Or Focal Randiance?

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #9,352 of 14,596
Yeah i still dont understand why the top companies make "portable" headphones so flashy. Fortunately the Lirics have a bit subdued style but still they look expensive. Dont even want to mention Focals. I think you can see the Stellias even on google maps.
Yes, the Stellia is very conspicuous. The Clear MG too. But the Celestee in navy blue is actually very subtle for Focal.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #9,353 of 14,596
Have you guys any experience with the sennheisers ie900 combined with the dx300? I decided to stretch my budged to 1300e for the next headphones. Really want to get something more out of the dx300 and i feel that the xelentos while being very nice dont squeeze the best out of it. Or Focal Randiance?
I thought about buying the Celestee for a long time. Have read all available tests. But in every comparison to Radiance, the Celestee did better. In terms of sound, it should be pretty close to the Stellia. Anyway, some reviewers have written. Anyway, I'm over the moon with Celestee.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #9,354 of 14,596
Have you guys any experience with the sennheisers ie900 combined with the dx300? I decided to stretch my budged to 1300e for the next headphones. Really want to get something more out of the dx300 and i feel that the xelentos while being very nice dont squeeze the best out of it.

I thought about buying the Celestee for a long time. Have read all available tests. But in every comparison to Radiance, the Celestee did better. In terms of sound, it should be pretty close to the Stellia. Anyway, some reviewers have written. Anyway, I'm over the moon with Celestee.
Yeah i know they are good and i believe you 100% but the rumours about the narrow staging still keep me away from them.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #9,355 of 14,596
Yeah i know they are good and i believe you 100% but the rumours about the narrow staging still keep me away from them.
They have a smaller sound stage with all closed headphones. And in 1 or 2 reviews there were also the opinions that they are not that small for closed headphones. You don't even notice it when you listen, but they have an incredible dynamic, depth and height are also very good.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #9,356 of 14,596
Fair play. You're probably right, but Amazon has generated a culture - for better or worse - where "try and buy" is somewhat encouraged. Not only on Amazon, but on many major outlets where you're offered a 30 day no quibble return if you don't like it (no questions asked). Someone gets hurt, for sure, along the way. But because it's on Amazon, the whole process is somehow sanitised.
I try to not buy “to try and return for free” from Amazon. I agreed with John that the more people is doing this, the more people will be paying. It may not be you, the one that try and return, but everyone will be paying in to it. So, I told myself that “only and only if, each of us is equally responsible, and only return or buy when absolutely needed, then everyone will benefit”, and that is the only reason why I don’t just buy and return, even it is Amazon, and even when it is so Easy to do so.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #9,357 of 14,596
I try to not buy “to try and return for free” from Amazon. I agreed with John that the more people is doing this, the more people will be paying. It may not be you, the one that try and return, but everyone will be paying in to it. So, I told myself that “only and only if, each of us is equally responsible, and only return or buy when absolutely needed, then everyone will benefit”, and that is the only reason why I don’t just buy and return, even it is Amazon, and even when it is so Easy to do so.
I basically agree. I think many people tend to think of Amazon has a library where one can rent stuff. I've done it myself for sure as I'm sure everyone has. The situation probably isn't helped by the upgrade culture we all live in.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #9,358 of 14,596
Ive done it 2 times on about 50 purchases on Amazon so i dont feel guilty.

Dec 13, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #9,359 of 14,596
I basically agree. I think many people tend to think of Amazon has a library where one can rent stuff. I've done it myself for sure as I'm sure everyone has. The situation probably isn't helped by the upgrade culture we all live in.
agreed, and I think some devices have a 3 months return windows, where as the new DAP releases is like 4 months if you consider all the different brands .... lol

Dec 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #9,360 of 14,596
Is there any option to use AMP12 LO to feed non-balanced amp (e.g. stationary or car audio ones)? Or it is safer to do double-amping with AMP11?

absolutely. in my car system, i use the amp12 LO into a Jensen PO-2XR which takes balanced in (XLR) and provides unbalanced out (RCA).
i have it wired up in the car now, though i have not yet installed/hidden the extra hardware required to convert the balanced LO (see photo).
the balanced out LO is really much better sounding and worth the effort.

isomaxPO2xr-dx300.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back