iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #2,791 of 14,596
I haven't changed the tubes on my B4-X, but did replace the op-amps with Burson V6 Vivids, all the electrolytic caps with larger value Elna Silmic II's, the resistors with Takman carbon films and Charcroft Z-foils, most solder joints with WBT silver solder, many PCB traces severed and re-wired with 99% silver 1% gold wire, and the battery increased from 1000 mAh to 5500 mAh.

Hi Bosk,

Would you mind showing a photo of the mod B4-X and also the values of the Elna Silmic ll?
By the way, where did you get the 5500mah battery?

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #2,792 of 14,596
Hi Bosk,

Would you mind showing a photo of the mod B4-X and also the values of the Elna Silmic ll?
By the way, where did you get the 5500mah battery?
I'm currently using 4x 63V 470uF and 2x 100V 220uF Silmic IIs. Higher voltage versions sound better than 16V versions. However those are way too large to fit without removing the battery & top half of the stock case. 16V 22uF Silmic IIs are gauranteed to fit every position with the stock battery/case intact, but there's room to replace 3 of the 6 stock electrolytics with 47uF 16V versions instead if you bend the leads on two of them slightly. If you're really creative you may be able to fit larger versions.

I bought the 5,500 mAh battery on Ebay. With the increased power draw from the Burson V6s and the much larger caps it provides around 5.5 hours of juice. I also bought a 10,000 mAh version but its double the weight and much larger, so I'd recommend 5,500 mAh because its the same size & shape as the stock B4-X and sits underneath nicely:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Qu...028564?hash=item263d8735d4:g:i5YAAOSwb5VfxGCq

Here's how it looks, very much "in progress". The small circuit at the back is a Belleson 12V super regulator. My soldering skills won't be winning awards anytime soon. :smile:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #2,793 of 14,596
I'm currently using 4x 63V 470uF and 2x 100V 220uF Silmic IIs. Higher voltage versions sound better than 16V versions. However those are way too large to fit without removing the battery & top half of the stock case. 16V 22uF Silmic IIs are gauranteed to fit every position with the stock battery/case intact, but there's room to replace 3 of the 6 stock electrolytics with 47uF 16V versions instead if you bend the leads on two of them slightly. If you're really creative you may be able to fit larger versions.

I bought the 5,500 mAh battery on Ebay. With the increased power draw from the Burson V6s and the much larger caps it provides around 5.5 hours of juice. I also bought a 10,000 mAh version but its double the weight and much larger, so I'd recommend 5,500 mAh because its the same size & shape as the stock B4-X and sits underneath nicely:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Qu...028564?hash=item263d8735d4:g:i5YAAOSwb5VfxGCq

Here's how it looks, very much "in progress". The small circuit at the back is a Belleson 12V super regulator. My soldering skills won't be winning awards anytime soon. :smile:

I cant help but feel this defeats the entire purpose of the device.....

Jan 27, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #2,794 of 14,596
Ok, I have been listening with the Mr. Speakers E2 and with the DX300, what a wonderful combination. The DX300 really brings out the good qualities of the E2. The DX300 controls them effortlessly.

Jan 27, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #2,795 of 14,596
Reporting another bug that ibasso can be fixed in next firmware update.

all song file is emblem as WAV on Mango OS.
i dont know this is only in my unit. I already re scan many times. still the same..
20210127_062541.jpg

the file in the photo, supposed to be APE & MP3 file..

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #2,796 of 14,596
Reporting another bug that ibasso can be fixed in next firmware update.

all song file is emblem as WAV on Mango OS.
i dont know this is only in my unit. I already re scan many times. still the same..
20210127_062541.jpg

the file in the photo, supposed to be APE & MP3 file..
I just made a playlist and it shows the correct format. I did a WAV, M4A and DSF and they all show that way.

Jan 27, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #2,798 of 14,596
UAPP and Spotify is working fine.
except, if you have open Mango player and then you close / shift to other apps. the Control button will be emblem to it.. example, when u listen to spotify, u press play/pause in the control button, Mango player will took over, and spotify will pause.
All can work fine if you restart it...

Found out the play button being pressed and starting Mango player when other players are playing is to do with the Android feed screen.

The "feed screen" is when you swipe all the way right to reach the desktop integrated mango player.

If you disable the feed screen it also disables the play button taking over and starting mango player when using other players such as Tidal or Spotify or UAPP.

To do this follow the instructions below.

1. While at the main desktop press the screen but make sure you keep it pressed down for about a second. A menu will pop up with Home Settings.
2. Select Home settings. Turn off the Feed screen option.
3. Go back to the home screen and swipe right. Your feed screen should not appear (i,e the desktop integrated mango player is gone) and the play button should not take over and start mango player when using other third party music players.

HTH

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #2,800 of 14,596
Over ears are headphones I wear rarely. I only have a pair of Akg K612pro, so I thought I'd try it with the Dx300 and it turns out to be a wonderful pairing. I can crank it to 70 and still maintain a wonderful dark background yet volume levels are comfortable and the overall sound stage, tone and detail is very engaging. I spent a morning with my rarely used AKGs!
I suspect things may change somewhat with over ears now, but I suspect may need to consider closed over ears to prevent annoyance to the family.
@jamato8 sounds like your Mr Speakers are a nice pairing for you. Are they closed? I have ummed and ahhed the Dan Clarkes before as I do like planars. How are they for comfort? One reason I don't like over ears is I get hot ears when wearing for longer periods. Might try to grin and bear it, haha.
Would be interested to hear of other nice over ear pairings with DX300.

20210127_131409.jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #2,801 of 14,596
Over ears are headphones I wear rarely. I only have a pair of Akg K612pro, so I thought I'd try it with the Dx300 and it turns out to be a wonderful pairing. I can crank it to 70 and still maintain a wonderful dark background yet volume levels are comfortable and the overall sound stage, tone and detail is very engaging. I spent a morning with my rarely used AKGs!
I suspect things may change somewhat with over ears now, but I suspect may need to consider closed over ears to prevent annoyance to the family.
@jamato8 sounds like your Mr Speakers are a nice pairing for you. Are they closed? I have ummed and ahhed the Dan Clarkes before as I do like planars. How are they for comfort? One reason I don't like over ears is I get hot ears when wearing for longer periods. Might try to grin and bear it, haha.
Would be interested to hear of other nice over ear pairings with DX300.

I would highly recommend the Denon D9200 as closed HPs.

I believe the Mango OS have quite a few bugs.
I have the forward and reverse buttons not working in correct order.

New platform, some things might take a while to stabilize. When I got the R8 first time (China version, long before the international version), the audio channels for DSD were reversed. :) There was no USB DAC, but they closed the open points later. I think same thing for DX300.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #2,803 of 14,596
I don't like the volume button when I play with a finger on it. It feels like a dynamo, with a certain resistance that doesn't exist when playing with two fingers. In my Kann Alpha the sensation is the same putting a finger on it or rotating it with two fingers without pressing. It might be because of the size, it doesn't seem very sturdy anyway: /

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #2,805 of 14,596
What is Mango OS? Is this the default OS of the DAP or is it another OS that you can load up on the DAP?

It has Android and Mango OS, you should switch from Android to Mango OS by holding down the power button then select Mango OS.
Else if the player is already in Mango OS, there should be a button in the settings to boot into Android.

Mango OS looks close the the Mango app in Android, which is a pure player without support of apps, which should drain less battery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back