iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Oct 30, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #3,541 of 3,627
So I'm starting to find the iBasso MAX series to be on the heavy side now that I've started biking in earnest. Do you guys have a recommendation for a more portable DAP with the same level of technicality and separation as the MAX series but with less power for cIEMs? Looking to pair it with an Odin or SE6E but for now I have a Plunge audio unity stage (my cIEMs are the one's on the official product page! so proud :grin:). Must have microSD card slot.

Edit: I also wouldn't mind a usb-c dongle if they are THAT good.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #3,542 of 3,627
Max are not that heavy, those SP2K stuff are also heavy as they are all made from SS, or copper. Except that Max is easier to hold in the palm and or pocket, where as the AK stuff has edges here and there that actually can give a nasty cut if put at the correct scenarios

With all that is said. If you want something lighter ? Go for a DX160, or Dongle ? There are many dongle, but still, you will need to carry your phone with you.

In fact, the way I see it s that, many modern stuff are bulky and chunky, the compromises from form factor to audio performances ratio is not worth it to trade off the MAX for anything else. I also go on bike trips, and I do that with a Max + HD800s. That is why Titanium is such an amazing player

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #3,543 of 3,627
Max are not that heavy, those SP2K stuff are also heavy as they are all made from SS, or copper. Except that Max is easier to hold in the palm and or pocket, where as the AK stuff has edges here and there that actually can give a nasty cut if put at the correct scenarios

With all that is said. If you want something lighter ? Go for a DX160, or Dongle ? There are many dongle, but still, you will need to carry your phone with you.

In fact, the way I see it s that, many modern stuff are bulky and chunky, the compromises from form factor to audio performances ratio is not worth it to trade off the MAX for anything else. I also go on bike trips, and I do that with a Max + HD800s. That is why Titanium is such an amazing player
Thank you for the input. I'll try the DX160.

Jul 8, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #3,554 of 3,627
Good day to all, I need some advice. My dx220 max analogue battery icon is missing and I am unable to hear audio from all the output. The android part is working well though. May I know if there is any settings I can do? I just received this used set. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back