iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 331

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
After Paul providing ROM Image and Factory Tool making after-market ROM cooking become possible, I'm indulging myself into DX200 ROM cooking right now. Here's public release containing the following changes as below:

-Based on firmware version 2.3.125
-Play Store added
-Tweaked power.rk3368.so on 2.3.125 file with 7 CPUs shutting down like before for better battery life
-Apollo - Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance and improve battery life
-audio engine optimized for only audio playback (EQ/Gaplass features work)
-bundled audio effects removed but keep main engine (Poweramp works now)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lwa0q8kd06xm915/DX200-2.3.125-WindowsX-Purist.zip

Installation Guide

1. Download Factory Tool provided by Paul http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip
2. Turn off DX200
3. Connect DX200 with USB connection to computer while holding play button switch
4. Install Rockchip USB driver included in FactoryTool
5. Open FactoryTool.exe and flash ROM according to instructions provided in DX200 batch tool instruction.doc

Since many people asked for Gaplass and fixing Poweramp stuff, I decided to lower the bar for people who want it. This is 'hardly' Purist but that's as far as I can do to keep up with compatibility request. True purist ROM will have the following features:

1. audio effect engine removed completely
2. Equalizer/Gaplass/ffmpeg components removed from core audio engine
3. I/O optimizations will be optimized for lowest possible latency with stable sonic performance

That's what true purist looks like and it'll still be available for customers who purchased Advanced ROM from me.

And million thanks to Paul for answering our prayers. I also have DX200 modification service (ROM and hardware modification) for people who're interested in taking this to the further levels. :)

If you have any question about the ROM to ask personally, please use my E-Mail address lucifiar@hotmail.com instead of PM for faster response. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 331
  Android buttons?

You mean three navigation buttons? It's already there. Just slide from below and they should appear.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 331
How about fixing native sampling rate for third party app, Is it possible?

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 331
Besides the android development, can you also improves the mango os?
gs1000.gif

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #10 of 331

I think it uses particle libraries for native playback. Unless third-party apps can support these libraries themselves, I don't think they'll support native hires with built-in playback.

Besides the android development, can you also improves the mango os?
gs1000.gif

For ROM optimizations, it should also improve mango os to some extent.

Can you add V4A ?

What is V4A? Never heard or it before.

What you mean with '' -Some Purist mods from DX80 '' ?

This.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796736/dx80-purist-firmware-modification-for-purist-audiophiles

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #11 of 331
It is already done in stock firmware, out of the box. Of course, if an application downsamples by itself, it can't be "corrected".

If you are in doubt, could you please explain what is the reason? Have you done some tests that failed?

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #13 of 331
It is already done in stock firmware, out of the box. Of course, if an application downsamples by itself, it can't be "corrected".

If you are in doubt, could you please explain what is the reason? Have you done some tests that failed?

Dear lurker,

Neutron and hiby show 44.1kHz for all library.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #14 of 331
Neutron and hiby show 44.1kHz for all library.
Did you ask the developers why they show 44.1KHz? AFAIK it is exactly the limitation of the particular apps. They both have the same behavior on another device (Highscreen Boost 3, developed in Russia) which, I'm 100% confident (for I know the developers personally and I own the device), does not downsample. Hiby is intended for external USB DACs, Neutron does internal processing at fixed frequency.

Any other reason not to trust iBasso claims?

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #15 of 331
Did you ask the developers why they show 44.1KHz? AFAIK it is exactly the limitation of the particular apps. They both have the same behavior on another device (Highscreen Boost 3, developed in Russia) which, I'm 100% confident (for I know the developers personally and I own the device), does not downsample. Hiby is intended for external USB DACs, Neutron does internal processing at fixed frequency.

Any other reason not to trust iBasso claims?

Neutron said that they already asked ibasso and request API so that their app can be performed native sampling but no response from ibasso.

I also sent and ask Paul via email by this issue. He said there is still no plan to do. There is a lot other things to tgink about. Maybe a while we can work on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back