iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 25, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #831 of 6,991
Did all you do was pair your headphones to the dx160? mine says paired.Just no music will play through them. its like they are muted. Wired headphones yes. Bluetooth no.

1. make sure BT is turned off on any previously paired devices.
2. Try to manually put the headphone into pairing mode before connecting.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #832 of 6,991
Did all you do was pair your headphones to the dx160? mine says paired.Just no music will play through them. its like they are muted. Wired headphones yes. Bluetooth no.
Is the volume turned up? With my Sony headphones I can control it from them or from the volume control on the DX160. I pair, by holding the power button held on, on the phones and with the DX160 pairing, until they are connected.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #833 of 6,991
I am streaming now, not downloading from Amazon Music and it shows 24/96 or 24/192, depending upon the Ultra HD recording. Right now it shows 24/96 for some Bruce Springsteen I am listening to.
You use DX160 as a USB DAC with Mac, but @orcinus tries Android app on DX160 itself. I doubt Amazon has implemented hi-res playback under Android, though it won't take much efforts.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #834 of 6,991
I picked up Amazon Music with Ultra HD. On my Mac I couldn't get it to work. Amazon wasn't much help and one guy even disconnected from me rather than passing me to someone who might be able to help. Sound was good but I wanted what I paid for, past 24/44.1 (HD).

So today I was looking in the Utilities on my Mac and went to Midi player. Nothing to really change, frustrating. Then, I plugged in the DX160 again and it showed up in Midi and had a menu clear up to 32/384kHz. Set that up and now I have 24/192 for the Ultra HD to the DX160! Sounds EXCELLEnt with my Focal Stellia running them through the 4.4. Cancelled my Tidal and other service.

Did you use the DX160 itself with the Amazon Music HD application? I'm not sure why you would take the extra step of using your Mac as the music server. I'd like to know if you can successfully load the app on the DX160 and have it play the high res music without any problems.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #835 of 6,991
Did you use the DX160 itself with the Amazon Music HD application? I'm not sure why you would take the extra step of using your Mac as the music server. I'd like to know if you can successfully load the app on the DX160 and have it play the high res music without any problems.

I also want to see the answer.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #836 of 6,991
I used my computer because it sounds good, I have a big screen to choose all types of music from, to search etc. Works for me. Use whatever works well for you. :^)

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #837 of 6,991
I used my computer because it sounds good, I have a big screen to choose all types of music from, to search etc. Works for me. Use whatever works well for you. :^)

I can certainly appreciate that. I have an Ipad as my music transport and it goes like this: Ipad > USB Regen > Tanly USB bridge > Gustard A20H > Hifiman HE-560. That's at my office. I'm looking at the DX160 as my "on the go" setup, so I really need to know if it can handle the Amazon Music HD application all on its lonesome.

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #838 of 6,991

Catching up with a thread now :) I assume you resolved the issue with connecting your DX160 to Win laptop/PC (swipe notification bar down, select usb file transfer instead of charging). If that doesn't work, I had an issue with usb port of my T480s Thinkpad (Win10 Pro) - switched to a very short usb cable, that solved my problem.

With BT, you mentioned airpods before. Have you tried it with any other wireless earphones or speakers? I assume volume is up on DX160?

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #839 of 6,991
Oct 25, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #840 of 6,991
Catching up with a thread now :) I assume you resolved the issue with connecting your DX160 to Win laptop/PC (swipe notification bar down, select usb file transfer instead of charging). If that doesn't work, I had an issue with usb port of my T480s Thinkpad (Win10 Pro) - switched to a very short usb cable, that solved my problem.

With BT, you mentioned airpods before. Have you tried it with any other wireless earphones or speakers? I assume volume is up on DX160?
Hey Alex,
I just wanted to ask you about that gorgeous screen.. does it come with some kind of a protector/screen guard on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back