ibasso dx150 vs hiby r6 pros and cons of each?
Aug 24, 2018 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

david8613

500+ Head-Fier
ibasso dx150 vs hiby r6 pros and cons of each? my journey went from using note 8, to cheap mp3 players, and now to dedicated daps with the sony a45. but now I have the bug, it bit really hard! I am upping my budget and looking at these 2 daps, please tell me the pros and cons of each, because I want to make a purchase now before my budget goes up once again! I fell this is a good price range to be in for something really decent.

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 2
The Opinions are very split. Dx150 is the more flexible DAP. You can switch the amps on it etc... You will have problems with the software! Keep in mind that , plus the fact that you will have to watch the dx150 software forum regulary. Hiby R6 is a very well rounded DAP. It has everything down to a great level. Fastest DAP etc...

Soundwise... Well you can't say much about it... They are very simmilar.
If you change amps to do different thing on ibasso DX150 you will get different kinds of output.. So not much a of a comparison to be made. Thinking only in stock the Ibsso is very focused on providing linear outputs , i own the DX100 and i am very happy with it. You can expect the base not to be as punchy(evan with bassy headphones -- i own V-Moda Wirless 2 and V-Moda ZN) ,you will have a great resolution and vocals a bit to upfront.

On the R6... you will have a well rounded sound , meaning great sound stage and a more punchier base, close to linear output. Keep in mind of the high output impedance on the R6, but that can be solved with a iFI impedance cable adaptor.
I love the way DX150 looks, more than the R6...

These opinions are made soly on what i've read. When the R6 will come i will let you know of what to expect in a hands on comparison between dx100 and r6. But ibasso they have always been puritans with their sound.

I have been comfronting with the same decission , and *** i read all the reviews out there... Ended up getting the R6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back