ibasso dx100 (HDP-R10) vs ibasso dx50 for sound quality
Nov 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 13
I haven't actually seen many DX100 comparisons on HF yet, the only thing I've seen comparing the two was a brief mention in Headfonia's impressions of the DX50;

I confirmed that the DX50 is smoother [than the AK100]. In fact, comparing it to the DX100 which we also happen to have, again the DX50 is smoother (though the DX100 is superior in a lot of other technicalities).

They also prefer the DX50's build quality, the full article's here :)
http://www.headfonia.com/the-disruptive-ibasso-dx50/

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 13
  I haven't actually seen many DX100 comparisons on HF yet, the only thing I've seen comparing the two was a brief mention in Headfonia's impressions of the DX50;

They also prefer the DX50's build quality, the full article's here :)
http://www.headfonia.com/the-disruptive-ibasso-dx50/

do mind that the owner of headfonia, rather dislike the dx100 dap sound signature since it is pretty much the opposite of his preference

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 13
  Would you care to elaborate on the reasons why, specifically where sound quality is concerned?

The HDP-R10 sounded great, but TBH, the DX50 was around 80% and was much smaller and had better battery life. Paired with an amp it is supposed to be even better than the DX100. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 13
  The HDP-R10 sounded great, but TBH, the DX50 was around 80% and was much smaller and had better battery life. Paired with an amp it is supposed to be even better than the DX100. 

Interesting, but not surprising, that you were willing to dispense with the ultimate SQ of the HDP-R10 for the DX50. The DX50 sounds like a great deal. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #13 of 13
I have had the dx50 and currently the hdp. The hdp battery is not much worse than the 50 plus you get bit perfect playback on the hdp whereas the consensus on the dx50 thread is you don't on the 50 except on higher volumes. I have had many pms with other headfiers regarding the sq and we have agreed that the sq is technically better than the theorem which is considered one of the best units out there, plus there is no hiss with sensitive iems whereas the theorem and 50 both suffer from this. Of course it will come down to your own sonic preferences. For the current price of the hdp, 615 US, the hdp stands by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back