iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 24, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #7,951 of 13,503
I don' have any problem with FLAC, WAV or Apple lossless being gapless nor do I have any loss of the first part of the song while using these formats. Ron pointed out that WAV sounds the best, to his ear, and I agree, and now use only WAV when I copy a CD etc or download, when the WAV is available. I have zero problems with 1.1.7. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #7,952 of 13,503
about the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter topic few pages ago, i suggest using the v-moda adapters, they are the smallest that i can find.

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-adapter/

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #7,954 of 13,503
Quote:
I don' have any problem with FLAC, WAV or Apple lossless being gapless nor do I have any loss of the first part of the song while using these formats. Ron pointed out that WAV sounds the best, to his ear, and I agree, and now use only WAV when I copy a CD etc or download, when the WAV is available. I have zero problems with 1.1.7. 

Don't you have a very slight fade-in a the beginning of the first track of an album or play-list, or when skipping tracks ? Your DX100 seems to be the only one that behaves that way...

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #7,955 of 13,503
Quote:
Don't you have a very slight fade-in a the beginning of the first track of an album or play-list, or when skipping tracks ? Your DX100 seems to be the only one that behaves that way...

That is why I am confused.... Confused and jealous....
angry_face.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #7,956 of 13,503
Quote:
That is why I am confused.... Confused and jealous....
angry_face.gif

I experience the same fadein mystery too, and no i dont seem to get it with WAV files, but with the few WAV albums i have, the player sometimes locks up and the player shuts down...

I have used poweramp to rip all my albums at Flac level 8, and i cant see any other reason then the DX100 cant process the compressed ziplike Flac files fast enough, so that must be why we have the fade issue..

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #7,957 of 13,503
Quote:

I am not the only one. 

Quote:

I am also using 1.1.7 and have no issues with fade-in cutting out part of the music. Mine seems to work just as it is supposed to. It is pretty nearly ideal gapless. In the Gapless settings menu, I have checked the 5 second box. Works for me.
As I only use .wav files, I don't see album art, but that is of no concern to me.

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #7,958 of 13,503
I have the fade in problem (on 1.1.7 ) too. All the file types I've tried show it. Can't seem to find any way to cure it, except using the DX100 just as a transport via the optical out, which also disables the volume control. I jump tracks quite often so it's just awful. That and the player crashing, which happens regularly. Just as well it sounds good or it really wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #7,959 of 13,503
Quote:
I experience the same fadein mystery too, and no i dont seem to get it with WAV files, but with the few WAV albums i have, the player sometimes locks up and the player shuts down...

I have used poweramp to rip all my albums at Flac level 8, and i cant see any other reason then the DX100 cant process the compressed ziplike Flac files fast enough, so that must be why we have the fade issue..

I doubt that,

lossless (regardless of file extension in the back) is usually not very CPU intensive as you are talking AT best 3:1 compression ratio, usually averaging 2:1. Unlike other lossy compressions where 6:1-15:1 are common. That requires longer seek times on the read media due to the look up table which effect CPU performance.

My first guess with this would be that you have way to many apps running in the background. Search, Mail etc. Those will need to be killed of and prefereably not even started at all. The DX100 only has 512MB of RAM to play with.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #7,960 of 13,503
Quote:
I have the fade in problem (on 1.1.7 ) too. All the file types I've tried show it. Can't seem to find any way to cure it, except using the DX100 just as a transport via the optical out, which also disables the volume control. I jump tracks quite often so it's just awful. That and the player crashing, which happens regularly. Just as well it sounds good or it really wouldn't be worth the hassle.

If your player is crashing you may need to do a reset to factory specs. I have had no crashes on 1.1.7 and have been using it since it came out except for a short period when I was using 1.2.3.

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #7,961 of 13,503
Mine will crash once in a while. Also sometimes it seems to go into sleep mode on its own and make a popping noise every time I shut off the screen, then it stops music playback. This doesn't happen often but when it does I have to exit the music player from the options and it cures this.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7,962 of 13,503

Quote:
Your tags are off wolfen68. Provide me with a screen shot of your tags in MP3tag and I'll point out what you've got wrong. I have no problems with my few mp3s on my player and all the album art shows up properly along with my tag information. My unit also isn't sluggish. Its take just slightly under a minute to load up and I'm ready to go. I tend to end all processes but the music player and android keyboard. I actually found my unit more sluggish on 1.2.3 and it took longer to boot up as well.

Thanks for any advice lee...I do not normally use mp3tag....but here's a typical mp3 file from my collection: 

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #7,963 of 13,503
Problem 1, you have more than 1 type of tag embedded in your files. Either keep 3.1 or 3.2. I think with 3.1 your album art won't show up though on the DX100. So opt for 3.2. Also I noticed under year you have more than a date, you have // and whatever else. Remove extras such as that and just keep the actual year (1994). Make sure comments, composer and discnumber are blank. You also want to make sure your filename is listed like this:

01 Take Your Time Do It Right (Correct way).

You do not want 1 or even a  - or . in the title. This will mess up the order your files will show up in.

1 Take Your Time Do It Right (wrong way to do it)
01. - Take your Time Do It Right (Wrong way to do it).

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #7,964 of 13,503
Quote:
Problem 1, you have more than 1 type of tag embedded in your files. Either keep 3.1 or 3.2. I think with 3.1 your album art won't show up though on the DX100. So opt for 3.2. Also I noticed under year you have more than a date, you have // and whatever else. Remove extras such as that and just keep the actual year (1994). Make sure comments, composer and discnumber are blank. You also want to make sure your filename is listed like this:

01 Take Your Time Do It Right (Correct way).

You do not want 1 or even a  - or . in the title. This will mess up the order your files will show up in.

1 Take Your Time Do It Right (wrong way to do it)
01. - Take your Time Do It Right (Wrong way to do it).

I have no problems with disc number. I do clear comments and composer as well as album artist.

All my files are named %track% - %title% or Disc %discnumber% - %track% - %title%; i.e. Disc 1 - 03 - Feeling Good.flac. As long as I use Copy In Order to add the files to my DX100, all tracks are sorted properly. 

And the fastest and easiest way to make sure all tags are in the same format (and only one format) is to use Mp3tag. Select all files, Click "Remove Tags" and confirm your choice. With all the tags gone - before you do anything else - press CTRL-Z to undo. Hey presto, all tags are back, in the proper format.

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #7,965 of 13,503
Quote:
I have no problems with disc number. I do clear comments and composer as well as album artist.

All my files are named %track% - %title% or Disc %discnumber% - %track% - %title%; i.e. Disc 1 - 03 - Feeling Good.flac. As long as I use Copy In Order to add the files to my DX100, all tracks are sorted properly. 

And the fastest and easiest way to make sure all tags are in the same format (and only one format) is to use Mp3tag. Select all files, Click "Remove Tags" and confirm your choice. With all the tags gone - before you do anything else - press CTRL-Z to undo. Hey presto, all tags are back, in the proper format.

True but if you don't use Copy In Order things won't show up properly. By having the tracks listed in 01, 02, 03 this resolves that.

Regarding your last comment I recommend making sure to have the proper format chosen (in options) before doing those changes. So if you want 3.2 tags (for mp3) or if you are only using FLAC tags you can opt to remove all tag versions and it will only leave the FLAC tag intact when you remove all tags and restore. You can also have mp3tag rename your tracks so that it reflects 01,02, 03, 04 automatically by album. Just drag and drop an album and as long as they are listed in order it will do it for you with a click of a button (click on auto numbering wizard and check-mark "Leading zeros for tracknumber). Then with %track% %title% it will take the track number and title of the song and combine them to look how I had mentioned earlier, renaming your filename automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back