iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 21, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #7,006 of 13,503
Quote:
With all due respect I am going to be critical here.

a play list is a band aid to something that is inherently broke, regardless of how spectacular it sounds.

There is zero reason for the player to mess up files like that. a basic folder structure should be more than enough for even the most rudimentary players to play without mp3 tags (the DX100 not withstanding apparently). Hell for it to be transcribing _ (underscores) into space is the epitome of GIGO programming (Garbage In, Garbage Out). There should be ZERO transcription. The text, be it file name or MP3 tags should be displayed as read not read, transcribed then displayed which is what is happening in all the broken examples.

Does it sound great! Yes.

But the none sense User experience with having to jump hoops to read albums correctly is preposterous.

Not so sure about that man. Most mainstream players won't work properly either if you don't properly tag the music so I don't see this being strange behavior on the DX100 part. My Sansa fuze would take forever to load files due to my tags being messy and  using an incompatible idtag format. I'm sure the same goes for ipod. They all have their idiosyncrasies. Also checking in both Directory and Albums I find most of my music is properly in order. There is one thing that is off though in my linkin park meteora CD. Don't stay is mixed up with song number 4. But other than that everything else seems to be in order in all my other albums. But searching from album view is clunky and delayed. Why waste your time viewing the folder that way? It's obviously a flaw on the DX100. Searching by Directory all my albums are in the proper order 1,2,3,4 etc and same as Playlists. With the exception being my playlists are ordered exactly how I wanted them to appear regardless of song number and it is faster (not delayed or clunky). I'm telling you right now I'm 99% sure most of your problems are due to your tags. Get them figured out and your problems should be resolved.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #7,007 of 13,503
+1 

I think it was mentioned a few hundred pages earlier......................

Do you guys tag 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 etc or 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11........

People were having problems when the songs in albums were numbered with the 0 omitted.

If I can remember correctly, I had a brief problem with songs playing out of order at the time and quickly re tagged albums adding the 0 in front of single digits.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #7,009 of 13,503
Quote:
Yeah I forgot to add I have all my music tagged in that format 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 etc.

So do I, and with CopyInOrder all my albums play as they should 
happy_face1.gif

For multidisc albums I name them like this:
Code:
 Disc %discnumber% - %track% - %title%
(using these variables in the Tag -> Filename function in Mp3Tag)

I.e. Disc 1 - 01 - Bohemian Rhapsody.flac

Jul 21, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #7,010 of 13,503
Bought the RX3B and have been pairing it up with the DX100 SE only at the moment as Im waiting on some balanced connectors.

Early indications are 
L3000.gif

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #7,011 of 13,503
Quote:
So do I, and with CopyInOrder all my albums play as they should 
happy_face1.gif

For multidisc albums I name them like this:
Code:
 Disc %discnumber% - %track% - %title%
(using these variables in the Tag -> Filename function in Mp3Tag)

I.e. Disc 1 - 01 - Bohemian Rhapsody.flac

I do the same, and yesteday I also played around with leading 0s on the tags themselves (made all 3 characters as that's what DX100 uses).

Jst to be clear on my issue, I see everything correct in albums, directory, etc using that top menu, it's when I use the functionality of the player that is on the 3rd / 4th of the main screens (Artists, Albums, Genres, etc) that it's reversed.  My tags are fine and it doesn't seem to matter what the original sources of the music was.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #7,012 of 13,503
Just had something strange happen, was sitting at my desk and my DX100 started playing songs on it's own. I did not touch it and al of a sudden it started playing the Rolling Stone "After Math".

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #7,013 of 13,503
Quote:
Just had something strange happen, was sitting at my desk and my DX100 started playing songs on it's own. I did not touch it and al of a sudden it started playing the Rolling Stone "After Math".

You must of had the mind meld function activated. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #7,015 of 13,503
Well, I am not too big to admit I may have jumped the gun earlier with my impressions of the DX100.
I have been listening to it pretty much continually and even though my Cowon is very good, the DX100 is Soooo much better...

Good to hear. Initial impressions are always nice but the ones after a device has been lived with for a while are the ones that really count the most. Enjoy!

Yes, this is great to hear. I am suspect of anything that has a serious WOW factor when you first turn it on. My favourite gear is stuff that seems merely good at first listen and then grows and grows and gets more impressive the more you listen; DX and WA2-T1 are both of this character.

I'm glad it's working for you now. I still love the DX.

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #7,017 of 13,503
So, I think it plays them bottom-up -- I'm noticing that the song listed as #1 is the last song (as others are noticing as well), but when I play that song, it switches to another album later. Furthermore, if I start from the bottom (the first song), it plays upwards in alphanumeric order. I don't think the order played has anything to do with the order copied. This is with the latest firmware.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #7,018 of 13,503
How often do sales happen for Ibasso. I would love to have a dx100, but $600 is probably my limit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #7,019 of 13,503
Even when they were selling the "beta" units it was around $750 or so. I think you'll have to wait until these things get more competition or go down in price :|

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #7,020 of 13,503
So anyone know if iBasso is going to be putting out more fixes for the DX100? I doubt they're going to keep on putting out fixes forever let's hope they finally get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back