iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 3, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #13,281 of 13,503
Is Tenso the only option for getting the silicone case and screen protectors for the DX100?

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #13,282 of 13,503

Let's just say I'm not a fan of Hugo and Mojo, and leave it at that. 

*silly grin*

You ought to post your impressions on the Mojo thread.It's good to have a balance of opinions out there.  I used one of those Toxic cables in my HE-6 when using the DX100/Mojo/First Watt F6 clone. That cable was owned by @Turrican2 . Of course it wouldn't have sounded any good because the Mojo was part of the jigsaw
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #13,285 of 13,503
You ought to post your impressions on the Mojo thread.It's good to have a balance of opinions out there.  I used one of those Toxic cables in my HE-6 when using the DX100/Mojo/First Watt F6 clone. That cable was owned by @Turrican2
 . Of course it wouldn't have sounded any good because the Mojo was part of the jigsaw:)

I dun wanna get slaughtered by the fan boys there. Haha.

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #13,287 of 13,503
Dec 4, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #13,288 of 13,503
  Installing the Russian HDP-r10/DX100 Firmware on your DX100

Here are the tools you need, the iBasso FW update tool (with instructions) and the update.img file (the Russian HDP-r10/DX100 FW).  These instructions and tools are designed for a Windows machine (32 OR 64 bit, both drivers are included).  Drivers listed are for Vista and Windows 7, unsure of the compatibility of latter versions.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/u47a4njr6n4x7/DX100_Tools

DISCLAIMER

If you do this, it is entirely at your own risk, if you brick your device I cannot offer support to unbrick it.  I've used this tool many times and it's always worked perfectly for my DX100, but you have been warned.

Method

-Ensure you either have a power supply connected to the DX100 or your battery is well charged.

-Download and unzip the tools to your WINDOWS machine.

-Remove your SD card and back-up anything in the DX100's built-in memory that you need to keep as this process will completely wipe it.

-Open the PDF file (DX100 firmware installation.pdf)

-Start at Step 2. Follow the instructions in the PDF.  You are basically going to install a new driver for the DX100 (from the files provided) which will allow you to upload the new .img file using their tool. Their diagram is easy to follow.

-Once uploaded, the DX100 will perform the upgrade, be patient it takes a few mins. 

Once it has finished you'll see lots of Russian language on the screen. To change to English, press the Settings icon, then Language and Keyboard which is 3rd from the bottom.  Select the first item and browse to the Language of choice.

enjoy!

Where can I find the instructions as the link does not work for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back