iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #9,526 of 13,503
Improves responsiveness of the unit (rooting process).  Basically it's all to get Titanium backup installed so you can freeze unnecessary processes.  As a side note that I'd like to add, I know Soren said in the guide he freezes the stock launcher and warns that you should have another launcher installed before doing this.  This is the one thing I advise people not to do.  Reason being I've been playing with android devices for a couple years now flashing roms regularly to different devices....you should always keep the stock launcher as a fail safe just in case something happens to the new launcher you're running (corruption or some kind of bug that you can't recover from).  You can always just choose the new launcher as the default and lose nothing in performance as it already knows to use your new launcher as the default startup method.  Just wanted to throw that in there since I've had systems not boot due to launcher issues and not having a "backup" launcher.

I'm a bit of an android noob, while I managed to root and freezes the apps ok, I was wondering if there is an easy way to auto launch the music app on boot?

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #9,527 of 13,503
I'll see your noobiness and raise you a complete incompetent by asking - should I have any concern about the GingerBreak-v1.20.apk getting tagged as Lotoor.AH trojan by Eset? Or is that the nature and entire point of gingerbreak .. to be an exploit?

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #9,528 of 13,503
If you downloaded the apk from xda (via the link Soren provided), it is indeed legit.  Virus scanners usually pick up all sorts of false positives so I wouldn't worry.

@ Turrican2:  There are some autostart apps I'm sure out there you can look into.....I've used autorun apps for scripts to do different things back then when certain kernels weren't as friendly for options but have never really auto-launched any app.  You can always give those apps on the marketplace a try, can't hurt anything IMO.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #9,529 of 13,503
Quote:
I'll see your noobiness and raise you a complete incompetent by asking - should I have any concern about the GingerBreak-v1.20.apk getting tagged as Lotoor.AH trojan by Eset? Or is that the nature and entire point of gingerbreak .. to be an exploit?

Quote:
If you downloaded the apk from xda (via the link Soren provided), it is indeed legit.  Virus scanners usually pick up all sorts of false positives so I wouldn't worry.

@ Turrican2:  There are some autostart apps I'm sure out there you can look into.....I've used autorun apps for scripts to do different things back then when certain kernels weren't as friendly for options but have never really auto-launched any app.  You can always give those apps on the marketplace a try, can't hurt anything IMO.

Not a false positive. As you guessed, Pudu, that is technically exactly what the exploit is. Make sure to turn off virus scan before you run that sort of thing. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #9,531 of 13,503
So the startup pop won't damage the actual IEMs as opposed to my ears? If that is true, why are people going to the trouble of using the 6.3 to 3.5 adaptor and unplugging IEMs during power on/off when can just take them out of ears? There will still be some wear on the IEM connector doing this right?

I am finding the DX100 early in my ownership to be incredibly detailed. The harshness on the upper end/vocals I suspect is my brand new SM3s that haven't been run in yeah? What is a good run in procedure? Just leave on continuous play (how do you do that by the way?) for hours and hours?

Re: the Mr Nice Guy app, is this more for people that use apps other than the music player? I'm only using the music player would this help? How can I disable the Marketplace app? Sorry I'm an Android novice I use an iPhone :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #9,532 of 13,503
Quote:
So the startup pop won't damage the actual IEMs as opposed to my ears? If that is true, why are people going to the trouble of using the 6.3 to 3.5 adaptor and unplugging IEMs during power on/off when can just take them out of ears? There will still be some wear on the IEM connector doing this right?

its for safety IMO, who knows, the pop may actually destroy the iem or headphone haha and no one wants to be a guinea pig for that, right?

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #9,533 of 13,503
Quote:
I am finding the DX100 early in my ownership to be incredibly detailed. The harshness on the upper end/vocals I suspect is my brand new SM3s that haven't been run in yeah? What is a good run in procedure? Just leave on continuous play (how do you do that by the way?) for hours and hours?
Re: the Mr Nice Guy app, is this more for people that use apps other than the music player? I'm only using the music player would this help? How can I disable the Marketplace app? Sorry I'm an Android novice I use an iPhone
frown.gif

You might also try finding different tips and playing with fit. Bad fit and incorrect tips are the biggest contributors to poor sound. Before you waste music listening/enjoying fun by burning in, work on getting fit right.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #9,534 of 13,503
Quote:
Re: the Mr Nice Guy app, is this more for people that use apps other than the music player? I'm only using the music player would this help? How can I disable the Marketplace app? Sorry I'm an Android novice I use an iPhone
frown.gif

Actually since being updated to 1.2.7 the pop is greatly reduced to be honest. Still it is a lilttle loud on very sensitive IEMs but nothing like it was before. Before it actually hurt my ears and I felt it could damage the IEM. Now if I leave it plugged in I won't worry about it. Still I'll usually let it load up first anyways to avoid it regardless. Also when powering off there is no longer any pop.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #9,535 of 13,503
Quote:
You might also try finding different tips and playing with fit. Bad fit and incorrect tips are the biggest contributors to poor sound. Before you waste music listening/enjoying fun by burning in, work on getting fit right.

Thanks, very good advice.

Quote:
Actually since being updated to 1.2.7 the pop is greatly reduced to be honest. Still it is a lilttle loud on very sensitive IEMs but nothing like it was before. Before it actually hurt my ears and I felt it could damage the IEM. Now if I leave it plugged in I won't worry about it. Still I'll usually let it load up first anyways to avoid it regardless. Also when powering off there is no longer any pop.

Yeah the pop on startup hurts a TINY bit, but I try to just avoid putting them in before the pop.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #9,538 of 13,503
Quote:
about the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter topic few pages ago, i suggest using the v-moda adapters, they are the smallest that i can find.

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-adapter/

THANK YOU! 

Finally managed to dig up that post, now I just need to locate one of those...

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #9,540 of 13,503
Quote:
"Availability: Ships in 60 days"
confused_face(1).gif

Kind of a bummer, yeah... I found this one as well, looks pretty low-profile: 

http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Audio-Adapters/1-4in-Phone-to-Mini-Adapters/Sony-Pro-Audio/PC234S.xhtml

Head-Fi hive-mind assemble! Let's find the perfect 1/4" to 1/8" adapter for use with the DX100!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back