iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #9,421 of 13,503
Totally gutted, was about to put my DX100 on charge a few days ago and it just seemed to slip from my hand ad fell 4 feet to the tied kitchen floor. No external damage but a rattling from inside, won't power up or charge.
Thankfully looks like my home insurance will pay out under my accident damage policy, got to pay the first £100 though. Waiting for a decision, will take about 2 weeks.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #9,422 of 13,503
Hey guys do you have any news to the iBasso Desktop DAC? 4*ES9018 
gs1000.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #9,423 of 13,503
Quote:
Totally gutted, was about to put my DX100 on charge a few days ago and it just seemed to slip from my hand ad fell 4 feet to the tied kitchen floor. No external damage but a rattling from inside, won't power up or charge.
Thankfully looks like my home insurance will pay out under my accident damage policy, got to pay the first £100 though. Waiting for a decision, will take about 2 weeks.

aw.. I feel bad for your dx100. hope you get full pay for it..

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #9,424 of 13,503
Quote:

I'd open it up to see what had happened. Probably just a battery wire that's gotten loose, 2 minutes of soldering might be all it takes 
smile.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #9,425 of 13,503
@McCol... Man thats gotta hurt

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #9,426 of 13,503
Well I played with it tonight....color me impressed so far (though I haven't barely scratched the surface of the capabilities since I was busy setting it up).  The build is extremely sturdy, I dunno if I even needed to buy a silicon TPU case + screen protector.....but oh well, can't hurt.  WIFI is extremely iffy though IMO, at the beginning it connected just fine to my upstairs router till connection started going nuts....then moved downstairs to another router and it seemed to work better....I have a feeling it's also from the unit getting hot affecting the wifi (since I was bulk installing apps from the market etc).  All in all, rooting went great.....just a word of advice to everyone.  DO NOT TURN OFF THE USB DEBUGGING MODE after rooting using Gingerbreak, this will make superuser sessions fail and in effect freeze all of your apps needing root....I was completely baffled by this for awhile until I backtracked and found that out.  Next hurdle was for some reason, my unit wouldn't shut off by itself unless you hit the reset switch (Soren is right, that bitch is really hard to hit)....I figured something was borked when I shut off the USB debugging so I did a full firmware reinstall and a factory reset.....the rerooted and reinstalled everything from scratch.  Works a treat now.  All in all, very good experience in learning the unit (it really helps if one is Android competent).....spent only maybe 10 min playing music directly from the 6.3mm jack using a HD800 (closest thing to me) and am quite surprised it can drive it that decently....nowhere near what a good amp could do but still.....quite impressive for a little brick DAP.  Can't wait to do more listening in the next coming days.

Big thanks to Sorenslim for the rooting information and the rest of you guys for putting together the wiki....made things go smoothly (as can be when you're toyin with Android =P) and now the unit is ready to go.  ADW Launcher EX works great and keeps things nice and simple.  I probably won't try to run the typical launchers I use on my tablets and phones.  Now time for bed!

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #9,427 of 13,503
@McCol... Man thats gotta hurt

TBH I was surprisingly calm, must be chilling as I get older! Will be less calm if insurance doesn't cover it!!

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #9,429 of 13,503
Quote:
Look at your DX100 - There are optical and coax outputs. They will output the native resolution, be it 16/44.1, 24/192 or anything in between.

The fact that the DX100 is not a PC, nor a MAC, has something to do with this. Yes, it plays the file at their full resolution, it is what it was made to do. PC's and MAC's were made for spreadsheets, word processing and funny pictures of cats. Then later, somebody found a way to make them play music, using additional software.

lmao :wink:

@McCol I agree witih Sorensiim. You should try open it up and see if the battery if lose. I was able to do it with the right tool. It is a little hard to remove the back plate after the custom screws are removed but it is manageable. I recommend using some tape between a small flat head screw driver to help wedge it out while at the same time the tape prevents damage to the DX100 finish. ibasso should have really made it less tight and just a snug fit so you don't have to worry about damaging the paint when removing it htough.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #9,430 of 13,503
Quote:
lmao :wink:

@McCol I agree witih Sorensiim. You should try open it up and see if the battery if lose. I was able to do it with the right tool. It is a little hard to remove the back plate after the custom screws are removed but it is manageable. I recommend using some tape between a small flat head screw driver to help wedge it out while at the same time the tape prevents damage to the DX100 finish. ibasso should have really made it less tight and just a snug fit so you don't have to worry about damaging the paint when removing it htough.

@Sorenslim did you end up putting the instructions I sent you for changing the battery up on the FAQs? If so McCol could follow that to check for obvious damage inside.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #9,431 of 13,503
Quote:

@Sorenslim did you end up putting the instructions I sent you for changing the battery up on the FAQs? If so McCol could follow that to check for obvious damage inside.

I honestly can't remember, but here they are: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1jGJL_f0rupeF9TcWxqUDlqd2c 
smile.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #9,432 of 13,503

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #9,433 of 13,503
Hello, has someone tried the DX100 with the AudioTechnica W3000ANV closed headphone ?  I read from another thread that they do not pair very well ?

thanks

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #9,434 of 13,503
Yes. fellow member Lito1 has. He owns the combo, and is very happy with it. I myself have the DX100 and W5000 —a older cousin of the W3000ANV— combo, and am very content.
You could send him a PM for more details, I'm sure he'll be glad to share impressions.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #9,435 of 13,503
Does anyone here know if there is a way to bust an SACD iso so i can extract it to
the individual tracks ?

Foobar2000 plays and shows all individual tracks ,but when i try to convert those files
i just get another iso . I also tried to convert individual tracks , with some success ,
what i got was a flac  file reporting 24/44 with DBpoweramp

Its very cumbersome to do it this way ,one track at a time tho . I found i can choose a 24 bitrate
in foobar out put

Am i just wasting my time here ,and compromising quality big time ? This is the only way i was
able to think of to get these sacds to play on my DX100 .

The difference in numbers once complete and compared are

Original track in foobar as sacd is -DSD64 - 5645 kbps-44100Hz
Converted in foobar2000 =             FLAC-1191 kbps-44100Hz
convert to wave improves to kbps=2116

Im new to at least this end of things . It seems obvious ,what i thought and hoped for was a
24/96 or 192 to play on my DX100 ,ill prob get yelled at for not understanding something lol

The biggest difference i see here is in kbps . Is this considered destroying the original sacd
and better off sticking with playing the sacd on my computer ?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back