iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #9,377 of 13,503
Enough folks.

There is a middle ground that can be met and I have communicated that with iBasso.

Disable the services but NOT remove. That way if they are needed for when the players are available to install... enable the services, turn on, download, and turn off. Done. Save in battery life etc.

Removing them will make more work for you folks when the new players start landing on the DX100. The other items, like calender, mail etc. They can be disabled and enabled at the end users liesure.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #9,378 of 13,503
Quote:
Ok Folks,

Minor update. :)

Hi, Figgie,
I hope you are well.
We have applied your suggestion to the DX100. So far, it works great. Thank you so much....
If you are interested in developping an audio play for the DX100, we will provide the API for you once we are ready to provide the API.
Looking forward to hearing from you again.

That is great news.

I have asked them to run new runtime battery tests. Some rough calcs is that due to less reseting of the DSP, the runtime should increase, the how much is the big question. I also asked them if they have the time to run

16b/44 khz and record runtime
24b/96khz and record runtime
32b/192khz and record runtime

this is more for their information and sales material but at least that is known.

OMG figgie I could just hug you! :wink:

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #9,379 of 13,503
Quote:
Enough folks.

There is a middle ground that can be met and I have communicated that with iBasso.

Disable the services but NOT remove. That way if they are needed for when the players are available to install... enable the services, turn on, download, and turn off. Done. Save in battery life etc.

Removing them will make more work for you folks when the new players start landing on the DX100. The other items, like calender, mail etc. They can be disabled and enabled at the end users liesure.

I agree. Wifi is still very much needed. Just enable or disable it when not needed. Now blue tooth I don't think so. This isn't a damn phone but that's my opinion :wink:. I won't be forgoing Power Amp and Neutron 24/192 that's for sure :p (this is so the 901 killer right now lol).

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #9,382 of 13,503
Quote:
Is it worth spending that kinda money on a device like the DX100 to use with this type of headphone? :p.

It's a nice option to have... 
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #9,383 of 13,503
I guess lol. Just in my case it's just not so useful :). Anyways I was able to update the pictures of the Heirs. The main colors were kinda small but in the bigger form you can see the contrast yet the similarities between the two blue colors. I think it will go really nice including the clear tips (no color on nozzles).

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #9,384 of 13,503
Are you able to sync up with Bluetooth to your headphones?  I couldn't seem to connect my Jambox to my DX100 and get any sound out of it.  Just sent my DX100 back for service (wasn't charging).  Hope to get it back soon.  Service and response has been really good.

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #9,385 of 13,503
Quote:
Enough folks.

+ 1 

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #9,386 of 13,503
Are you able to sync up with Bluetooth to your headphones?  I couldn't seem to connect my Jambox to my DX100 and get any sound out of it.  Just sent my DX100 back for service (wasn't charging).  Hope to get it back soon.  Service and response has been really good.

Same with my foxl speaker, doesn't work over bt. No biggie, cable is fine. OTOH if the dx had aptx bt would be great, but it doesn't so cable it is..

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #9,387 of 13,503
Hi all...I'm considering buying a used DX100. Almost my entire library is lossless 16bit/44.1kHz. Most of my listening is alternative rock (for want of a better term eg a lot of Radiohead) and some electronic (not dance, but for example The Knife, Fever Ray, the Notwist, Ulrich Schnauss). Also 50% of my listening is LIVE recordings (good quality audience bootlegs or soundboards) of the same music.

I have SM3s. Only for portable use, not transportable or desktop.

I can't audition the iBasso or the F series Sony's in Australia so looking for some guidance.

1. Is the DX100 likely to suit me more than any other standalone DAP?

2. I've also got an iPhone and iPod. Is there any PORTABLE (not transportable or desktop) DAC/amp combo around the USD 600 mark for iDevices that would beat (not match, because I would prefer the one box solution) the DX100.

3. What are people wanting to achieve by using an exploit to gain root access? Can any SQ improvements be made only through rooting Android? I only want to play music at best SQ, nothing else. Would I need to worry about rooting Android?

Many thanks.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #9,388 of 13,503
Rooting allows you to get admin rights so you can install Titanium back up. This way you can back up the OS and freeze unnecessary processes that are native to android. This will further improve the speed and performance of the DX100. Not necessary but something I found worthwhile. I also recommend if you do decide to get the DX100 consider upgrading your IEMs to even higher end ones. I know the SM3s are good IEMs but the DX100 is capable of more I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back