iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #362 of 13,503
What is the signal bar on the top? Is that the Wifi or 3G connection? If yes, I suppose we can surf with this DAP right? 

That is Wi-Fi, there is no 3G connection. Yes, you can surf with the DX100.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #363 of 13,503
For those of you experiencing issues with apparently random playback, do you have an option on the DX100 to selectively order your file lists according to your own preferences?

I don't have a DX100 but on my Galaxy S2, whenever I'm in a file folder, I have a context menu available to me (selectable by pressing the Galaxy S2's bottom-left key, adjacent to the 'Home' key).

When I press that bottom-left key, whilst in a file folder, the following appears:

and selecting, from that context menu, the option 'List by', the following sub-menu appears:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE ABOVE SCREENSHOTS ARE FROM A SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 PHONE, NOT A DX100!

without actually having a DX100 to play with, I don't know if the above menu is even relevant, but since both the GS2 and the DX100 run Android, I just thought I'd mention it as a potential possibility, so please don't shoot me down for trying to help :smile:

That context menu does not appear on the DX100.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #364 of 13,503
OK, thanks for clearing that up, and sorry it wasn't a solution for you (or me, since I'm considering ordering a DX100)

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #366 of 13,503
Jan 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #367 of 13,503
Jalo, yes, that is Wagen and I. My ES5 is plugged into a modded Colorfly.

Those are also extremely good photographs of my CLAS/Stepdance rig taken by the poster with a Nikon SLR. Thanks for the reference.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #368 of 13,503
So how do you compare the moded Colorfly C4 and the DX100?

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #369 of 13,503
Just got my O2 reference amp and I'm blown away by its performance. This thing really is an "expensive amp killer". Definitely money well spent. Haven't tested it out with my DX100 yet. I've been jamming with it through my DACport LX with my Open-back D5ks. Loving the sound :wink:.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #370 of 13,503
I've also noticed the Line Out has volume control? I thought a true line out had no way to control the volume. Well I guess there's always a first for everything lol. Maybe that is a good idea and a means to save batter life? If that is the case though they should implement a way to shut off the line out feature all together when its not being used if that would save power?

Edit: Wow. Listening to this thing hooked up to the O2 reference amp is amazing :). Now I am really considering buying ibassos DAC version of this chip. Wonder how much that will go for but I am really liking the sound. ibasso just please don't put an amp section on it, just make it a pure DAC and save money for the customers.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #371 of 13,503
Yeah, the O2-DX100 setup I consider to be the best setup I know of that fits in a backpack.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #372 of 13,503
I think you guys are misinterpreting what the roll off setting refers to, it refers to the PCM oversampling filter, it doesnt roll off the top end of the audio frequency range.

on that note, i wouldnt bother with the upsampling, the es9018 resamples everything at 1.536MHz if oversampling is enabled (and i presume it is)

its normal for the volume to still work with the sabre line out, there is no secondary digital volume circuit on the 901X, the volume accesses the dac directly and its calculated at 40bits, so just set it whereever is best. in fact you will get better noise performance if you set your external amp at the loudest volume your headphones can handle and use the volume on the dap. the internal volume on the 901X absolutely PWNS the pot in the O2, or any other analogue control i know of for that matter

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #373 of 13,503

Quote:
Yeah, the O2-DX100 setup I consider to be the best setup I know of that fits in a backpack.

One thing though I still find the DACport LX to sound better overall when paired with the O2 amp. Not sure if this is just synergy. Love how both sound though. I guess that is to be expected though from a single purpose DAC opposed to a DAP combo...

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #374 of 13,503

Quote:
One thing though I still find the DACport LX to sound better overall when paired with the O2 amp. Not sure if this is just synergy. Love how both sound though. I guess that is to be expected though from a single purpose DAC opposed to a DAP combo...

We are twins now
wink.gif
, I could not believe how The O2 sounded with my LX  and both are portable...... audiophile quality music does not need to cost above $1K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back