Ibasso Discrete portable DAC with R2R D16
Apr 23, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #452 of 459
Hello,
I've asked the question before but haven't received an answer. I want my Fiio M15s over 3.5 coax. Connect output to D16. Fiio has a 4 pin coax. Exit. Does anyone know the pin assignment of Fiio and ibasso? Where can you have a cable like this manufactured, preferably in Europe?

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #453 of 459
Hello,
I've asked the question before but haven't received an answer. I want my Fiio M15s over 3.5 coax. Connect output to D16. Fiio has a 4 pin coax. Exit. Does anyone know the pin assignment of Fiio and ibasso? Where can you have a cable like this manufactured, preferably in Europe?
The D16 is the tip for the digital signal so for the TRS or TR, it is the center connector on the plug. The Fiio, maybe ring 2 but Fiio would have that information.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #454 of 459
Better than Android in general? I've tried Honor, Vivo and Samsung. They all suck IMO
I'll respectfully disagree with that Android sucks. I have used both apple and android for music only burner phones...and for android, it depends on Mediatek or Snapdragon processors. Mediatek in Android sucks for usb...Snapdragon is what works excellent. But that's my experience tho

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #455 of 459
Not 100% sure but I think Ifi is doing that yet.
The reason why others don't is I think that they're not specialized on Dac/Amp devices but producing DAPs which are usually supposed to play standalone.
On the other hand I don't know how big that difference really is.
I am usually streaming to D16 using Eversolo A6 Master desktop streamer which should yet fair quite well as a source and so far mostly used Coax while on the go using USB.
Haven't done real critical A-B yet
Wait? Doesn't using a Eversolo to a D16 redundant? The Ever is good out the box as it is, no?

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #456 of 459
Wait? Doesn't using a Eversolo to a D16 redundant? The Ever is good out the box as it is, no?
Good but different
Also you need to consider what are the parts in a 1000 bucks Streamer / DAC vs 1500 bucks pure DAC
I consider D16 superior to Eversolo DAC
Tuning wise Eversolo is more delta sigma like reveilling and transparent vs organic and natural on D16.
Eversolo A6 is mainly a good streamer for my use case, sometimes using the internal DAC for trying synergies with new IEMs / headphones
A8 would be the iteration which might be more interesting as real alternative to TOTL mobile gear but we re then talking about rack sized desktop gear anyway

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #457 of 459
Welcome to the club!!! Definitely the most special thing about the D16 is the timbres and it analogues fluidity. Now, try using it with an external amp with Low gain. You will see why I love it so much as a DAC source

I have been playing around with it and the upper top airiness can be improved by 2 things

1/ burn in, I think I reached 600 hours and around to hear it stopped evolving , or everything became more negligible. Yeah, I burn in almost 20 hours a day with barely a couple hours to turn off and cooldown

2/ Silver Cables for Coax and for Internal Connect. Apparently, I don’t recommend “Pure gold” for Coax here.

I found Coax with Duelund Foils Silver wires bringing the most improvements in both ends extensions and definitions

IMG_1791.jpegIMG_1779.jpeg

I have been hearing positive things from @purk regarding Dx260 usb out/coax out. A compact solution as well

Hey man! The connectors look like a 10-pin PCB connectors, are they custom? They appear to have a clip-like mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back