IBasso D2 Predator problem! Help!!
Jul 20, 2008 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ack_0220

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

This is the second time it happened to me already, i got my D2 Viper half a year ago and it went bezerk a few weeks after i got it. Then i sent it back to iBasso for repair, they said its a faulty Opamp and swap a new one for me. Well, it works fine, sounds great after that until now, it makes very loud noise when i switch it on, regardless of what input. What should i do? Should i change the Opamps and have a look or send it back again?

Cheers

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Sorry for the question, i know i should have read through the threads to find out but i had to make a quick decission before contacting iBasso. How is the Boa compared to the Viper? I like to know the difference in SQ. i know the Viper is able to switch opamps but what it is of use to me if it keeps on getting into problems. Should i get iBasso to change me a new Boa instead?

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 5
i don't believe it is just gouding issue, it works perfectly before. I do experience the high pitch when i touch the volume knob but it was relatively low disturbance so i didn't bothered with it. But since yesterday onwards, the static noise is so loud that it covers the music and it is an obvious fault. When i switch to high gain, there is only sound coming out from 1 channel. I opened it and make sure the opamps are not lose and i can't see any obvious loose soldering or so. Sending back to iBasso is a must already, but i am just dissapointed with my viper since it is the second time already. I am just thinking whether should it get them to change me a new Boa if there isn't much reliabilty issue and no sacrifice in sonic quality. Can anyone give me any suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back