iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 7, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #466 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you say "earmuffs", do you mean industrial noise protection muffs like this:

Ultimate10Blue.jpg

...or cold weather ones like this:

51ZpNMDcWPL._AA280_.jpg

If you're serious, I'm referring to the first type with a documented NRR rating used in industrial settings

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #468 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So has anyone here used the D10 with full sized headphones, like the DT880?
iBasso still have to announce their desktop amp, right?

So far it drives my HD600 fairly well, and does a very good job with ESW10, Grado RS-1, woodied re-cabled Denon D2000, and Edition 9, It also sounds very good with my IEMs.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #469 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're serious, I'm referring to the first type with a documented NRR rating used in industrial settings

I was serious. I sometimes work in factories and bottling plants and I am a general aviation pilot and have to wear those, but I never heard them referred to as "earmuffs".

Now I see how you can mow the lawn while enjoying your music.

Sorry for the OT.

I too, used to walk around with a H-120/MicroDac/SR-71. It will be a pleasure to use my D-10 (when I finally get it) and just an H-120. I fly for business an average of 3 days a week and am currently using an iMod with ALO cable and a Mustang with my UE-10's.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #470 of 4,153
The Mustang sounds great with the D10 as the dac and the D10 amp/dac is sounding so very fine. Great fun to be able to use all the different amps and this just tells me how good the dac is.

I was walking around tonight While Amy was shopping and again, as in about a week ago, what great sound I was getting with the D10, what fun. Since I upgraded my H140 to have the 120gb hard drive I have a huge selection of lossless music.

No, I really don't feel like comparing the D10 amp and the Mustang and or Xin's amp etc. They all sound good to me. :^) just different flavors.

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #471 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Mustang sounds great with the D10 as the dac and the D10 amp/dac is sounding so very fine. Great fun to be able to use all the different amps and this just tells me how good the dac is.

I was walking around tonight While Amy was shopping and again, as in about a week ago, what great sound I was getting with the D10, what fun. Since I upgraded my H140 to have the 120gb hard drive I have a huge selection of lossless music.

No, I really don't feel like comparing the D10 amp and the Mustang and or Xin's amp etc. They all sound good to me. :^) just different flavors.

Many times it is difficult to pick which amp is better, for that reason that they are slightly different flavors but both good.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #472 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far it drives my HD600 fairly well, and does a very good job with ESW10, Grado RS-1, woodied re-cabled Denon D2000, and Edition 9, It also sounds very good with my IEMs.

Wow, that's quite impressive. I'd love to buy this amp when it comes back in stock.

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #474 of 4,153
Quote:

Many times it is difficult to pick which amp is better, for that reason that they are slightly different flavors but both good.

This is really the "problem" I am having. Trying to decide which is the best portable amp anymore is getting more difficult as their overall quality has evolved beyond my ear's ability to determine this.

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #475 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is really the "problem" I am having. Trying to decide which is the best portable amp anymore is getting more difficult as their overall quality has evolved beyond my ear's ability to determine this.

Well, here is what I am doing with my 10 portable amps.

I use the Predator in my pocket with a Nano for portable
I use the XM5 with iMod/portable vcaps.
I use the Pico with DAC as a DAC/pre-amp in my Livingroom/basement Electrostatic rig (to feed Woo GES).
I use the 3MOVE as DAC amp with the iMac in the kitchen on USB only without 9v battery (so I don't have to remember to turn off).
I use the iBasso D10 with my bedroom Macbook Pro rig via optical (and charge via USB).
I use the Headroom Micro DAC and Micro Amp (alternating with TTVJ Millett amp) in my bedside rig with optical H140/D-EJ2000 sources.
My 11 yr old son is using the Nuforce with the kid's Macbook and he likes it with his MS-1, and Travagans Colors/E3 with his iPod.

All the rest are spares and for comparison or collection (Meier Headsix, D3 Python, D2 Boa, Vivid V1). And people wonder why I am reluctant to acquire more amps to review...

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #476 of 4,153
Larry...how is the D10 sounding used just as a usb DAC...say against the Pico?

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #477 of 4,153
Quote:

Well, here is what I am doing with my 10 portable amps...
...All the rest are spares and for comparison or collection

Maybe I should custom title you and skylab "Portabullus Ampus Supremus"
biggrin.gif

...and jamato8, and HiFlight, and...my goodness we have gone from Stadium Rock to Alternative (metaphorically speaking, of course)
beerchug.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #478 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by tako_tsubo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry...how is the D10 sounding used just as a usb DAC...say against the Pico?

Only briefly tried it as DAC only but wasn't ready to compare to Pico, sorry. D10 as DAC/amp via USB is every bit as good as the D3 which was probably 95% of the Pico. With 275 hours burn-in and via optical from Macbook Pro, during a q0 minute comparison it seems pretty close to the Pico, as was the Headroom Micro DAC/Amp combo.

I have only done a couple of very brief (10 minute) comparisons to other amps during the burn-in, but not enough to make any real lasting determinations yet - early on I compared with the D3 with both via USB, and more recently D10 optical vs Pico USB. I'll hit about 300 hours later tomorrow night when I can start getting serious about my review next week.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #479 of 4,153
Quote:

biggrin.gif

...and jamato8, and HiFlight, and...my goodness we have gone from Stadium Rock to Alternative (metaphorically speaking, of course)
beerchug.gif

That's fine with me. I asked Jude to award me with a title that said "Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of headphones and amps?"

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #480 of 4,153
Quote:

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

PS: It's not just a plethora of portable amps - have you seen my public profile lately?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back