iBasso D10 Discussion
Apr 13, 2011 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I'm planning to bid on a iBasso D10 portable amp on Ebay Australia and would like some help here re this amp.  This amp grabbed my attention doe to the fact it had an optical IN port at the back with some other ports like USB, COAX etc etc. Also would be a great match with my Sony MZ-1 MiniDisc player :).

Questions

1. Are the headphone jacks on this 3.5mm or 6.5mm (1/4 inch)

2. Does it take and use a rechargeable battery (LiIon) and if so can I charge it through USB, is the battery replaceable ?

3. Is the D/A chip a Wolfson ?

4. The Opamps are Analog Devices ?

5. Is the Optical connection at the rear a Optical IN or Out ?

6. How would you rate its SQ, would you say a good match for a MD player?

Thanks

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Apr 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Ok why would this amp have a optical out instead of a optical in, I mean really wouldnt an optical in be more convenient or better, so say for eg if I wanted to connect my Sony MD player (which as both optical in and out) I can connect from the optical out to the optical in off the iBasso.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Ok why would this amp have a optical out instead of a optical in, I mean really wouldnt an optical in be more convenient or better, so say for eg if I wanted to connect my Sony MD player (which as both optical in and out) I can connect from the optical out to the optical in off the iBasso.

MY ERROR!!!!   I was thinking H120, not D10.   Yes, the D10 has optical, coax and analog INPUTS.   The DAC chip is Wolfson, some of the opamps are AD, others from other manufacturers.  The D10 can be charged directly via USB/computer interface.   You can also use the AC charger which uses a USB cable. 

The SQ is great, depending, of course, on the choice of opamps and buffers that are installed.   Both L/R and buffer opamps can be rolled but not the DAC chips. 

All jacks are 3.5 mm.   The optical out and line out share the same jack.  Optical out is enabled or disabled via menu selection.  The D10 should match very well with your Sony.

I was reading one thing and thinking another!  My bad!!!  

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I think you're still mixing up an item or two Ron. The optical port at the back is an input. The line in/line out at the front share the same port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back