iBasso D1 Battery Failure
Sep 27, 2007 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

globiboulga

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I've had my D1 for a little over a month now and the battery is dead. I recharched it overnight and it lasted ten minutes tonight.

Anybody had similar experiences with it. I am contacting iBasso to get a exchange/repair, but I am curious to get other people's experience with the D1 Battery. I used it almost exclusively on battery with my laptop, so it's a fairly critical aspect to me and until today was working relatively fine...

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 12
Argh... this is not good news for potential buyers... Combing through the big iBasso thread leads me to believe that this is an isolated incident, however. But then again my comb was missing a few teeth.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 12
I think there some battery problems with the older P1 models as well, at least I've read similar cases.

My own P1 seems to be working fine still though. *knocks on wood*

Also, there was a user that said they could be upgraded to "P2" in the future, anyone know what happened to that?

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 12
I had asked iBasso in the past about the battery and they stated it is a common battery so hopefully it has a good track record. I have not read of anyone having difficulty with the battery. I have a P1, which of course uses a different type of battery, but I haven't had any problems with it or the one in my D1.

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Argh... this is not good news for potential buyers... Combing through the big iBasso thread leads me to believe that this is an isolated incident, however. But then again my comb was missing a few teeth.

I want to stress that I am more than happy with the D1 and that I do also hope that this is an isolated incident. As Jamato said in another thread: electronics do fail sometimes, and that's life really. The thread is for me to get more information and make sure there is no easy solution to the problem.

I have contacted iBasso and tried to charge the D1 overnight again. I will post again to give everyone an update. If I managed not to upset the iBasso Blue Light Gremlins, they could decide to get the D1 to work again. You never know.
580smile.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 12
Ok. I did upset the fairies. Does not work anymore on battery (well, 3 minutes).
The batteries did last me more than 20 hours before, so my assumption here is that they don't recharche anymore...

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #9 of 12
I have mine for nearly 4 weeks now and it's run on battery exclusively with no problem so far.
I hope you will get a replacement quick smart from iBasso.

Sep 29, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #11 of 12
I go about 16 hours before the blinking power light warns of low battery - how long after the blinking blue power light will it run before the battery is too low to run the unit? (is that the 20 hours you guys mention?)

I usually charge it once I get the blinker, so I never pushed it farther...

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #12 of 12
Well, in my case, the blinker lasts 20 seconds perhaps, but that is not significant, as I think the batteries are flat from the outset. The only time I've left the blinking lights on before the battery went off, it lasted a few minutes before I went to recharge the unit... Long week end here... Still havn't had the chance to even send my unit for repair. Arrgghhhh.

BTW headphone addict, how's your penguin royal? I'm thinking of getting one, but with the new Meier coming up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back