IBasso Audio IT03
Jan 24, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #1,832 of 3,344
be careful folks, I bought mine on 12/1, took almost 2 weeks to arrive (ie I have only been using then for just over a month)-always carried in a case, literally pull it out of my ear while talking with a coworker, conversation is over, walk back to my desk and notice that the grille popped off somehow. It looks to be glued down (see pics) , so I have literally no idea where it went. I looked like a fool looking at the carpet, walking around my office looking for a circular grille, :lol:.

I pm'd the ibasso rep, and penon....I sure hope I can just get another one mailed out to me. Talk about bummer deal, I LOVE these iems :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

Oh man, i had the same issue previously (dropped one of the grilles), found it, glued it back and all is well. Hope u find it!

I think there was a user here who removed the metal mesh, not sure if it is recommended / changes sound signature though

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,833 of 3,344
be careful folks, I bought mine on 12/1, took almost 2 weeks to arrive (ie I have only been using then for just over a month)-always carried in a case, literally pull it out of my ear while talking with a coworker, conversation is over, walk back to my desk and notice that the grille popped off somehow. It looks to be glued down (see pics) , so I have literally no idea where it went. I looked like a fool looking at the carpet, walking around my office looking for a circular grille, :lol:.

I pm'd the ibasso rep, and penon....I sure hope I can just get another one mailed out to me. Talk about bummer deal, I LOVE these iems
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I have sent you a PM. Not to worry we will send out a couple of grills for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 25, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,835 of 3,344

I pm'd the ibasso rep, and penon....I sure hope I can just get another one mailed out to me. Talk about bummer deal, I LOVE these iems
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

if i were you I would take the second one off as well until you get back the lost one and test things, and test the sound siganture as someone claimed without the grills the mids are better

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,837 of 3,344
  I personally would return it, If it falls out once, it may fall out again.

A tiny bit of glue on the edge of the screen holds them in. Once our replacement is received and put in place I am sure it will stay in place.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,838 of 3,344
newtophones07, just don't use any kind of "super glue" (cyanoacrylate), or acetone, or dichloroethane or any other plastic solvent. I used small drops of a polyurethane glue, with immediate put  the grill to the place, then dry (in contrary to the instruction: dry, then press and hold).

And, to prevent questions, no, I didn't lose mine: I've removed them myself out of curiosity :)

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,839 of 3,344
newtophones07, just don't use any kind of "super glue" (cyanoacrylate), or acetone, or dichloroethane or any other plastic solvent. I used small drops of a polyurethane glue, with immediate put  the grill to the place, then dry (in contrary to the instruction: dry, then press and hold).

And, to prevent questions, no, I didn't lose mine: I've removed them myself out of curiosity :)

Thanks for those instructions, I actually ordered some super glue in anticipation lol. Guess I will purchase some polyurethane glue. I will put my set away, until the screens arrive.

And fyi, because I purchased from Penon, their return policy states that if the item is opened they charge a rather huge restocking fee, plus the buyer pays return shipping---even when broken.

So I'll just be patient and hope the screens arrive

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,840 of 3,344
Thanks for those instructions, I actually ordered some super glue in anticipation lol. Guess I will purchase some polyurethane glue. I will put my set away, until the screens arrive.

And fyi, because I purchased from Penon, their return policy states that if the item is opened they charge a rather huge restocking fee, plus the buyer pays return shipping---even when broken.

So I'll just be patient and hope the screens arrive

I would recommend picking up some toothpicks as well to apply the glue.

Apply a few small dots on the outer edge of the grill. Don't want any on the sound exits. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #1,841 of 3,344
Ive been using IT03 for almost 24 hrs now, comparing it to Fidue A83, A83 is brighter, more detailed however at first listen IT03 is smoother, bass is more prominent and the mids is more forward i guess and has more weight compared to A83s. 

I don't regret buying IT03, I love the sound signature and the fit is great.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,842 of 3,344

I pm'd the ibasso rep, and penon....I sure hope I can just get another one mailed out to me. Talk about bummer deal, I LOVE these iems :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:
i remove the grille on both sides to achieve a more balanced sound.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #1,843 of 3,344
  Ive been using IT03 for almost 24 hrs now, comparing it to Fidue A83, A83 is brighter, more detailed however at first listen IT03 is smoother, bass is more prominent and the mids is more forward i guess and has more weight compared to A83s. 

I don't regret buying IT03, I love the sound signature and the fit is great.

Wait till you pass 100 hours.  Bangis yan!  ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back