iAudio D2
Jan 10, 2007 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

Brohken

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone hear much about this? It looks awesome.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/product/p...D2_feature.php

24086_cowon_d2.jpg

Looks like it will come in 2gb and 4gb sizes with SD expandability. The on screen video search bar makes this sooo appealing to me.

Video: http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/c...w_-_video.html

Discaimer: Currently a VERY happy iAudio U2 user.

Jan 10, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 95
In the great words of a 10 year old Head-fi member:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelayostyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really doubt microsoft would do this, considering its their own hardware. The iPhone is going to pwn the zune anyways.

But anyways.

It does look nice, I'd like to see a picture of its actual size though. Cowon doesn't seem to have the need to release any other player's by the looks of it. Probably becuase the X5 series sells so well.

Jan 10, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the great words of a 10 year old Head-fi member:

But anyways.

It does look nice, I'd like to see a picture of its actual size though. Cowon doesn't seem to have the need to release any other player's by the looks of it. Probably becuase the X5 series sells so well.

sorry im a little lost but what you mean with that quote.

the actual size of the D2 is tiny. 78.0 X 55.4 X 16.6 mm (W x H x D)

Jan 10, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 95
I think COWON D2 and IRIVER CLIX2 both looks cool and easy to use. But i realy likes Iriver clix2 which are 8GB and thinner.

Jan 10, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 95
Technologically speaking this thing is gonna make a killing..

2.4" touch screen and some 52 hours of audio battery life are just the surface..

Jan 11, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #12 of 95
I'll buy it but only if it will support sdhc cards.

Jan 11, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #13 of 95
that thing looks awesome. With that touch screen and the utter coolness factor, if this thing sounds as good as my x5, im in
wink.gif

*put rockbox on it and play doom with the touch! itll be like the nintendo ds got surgically seperated and the bottum half went to cowon!

Jan 11, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #14 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll buy it but only if it will support sdhc cards.

i'm with you. i would get the 4gb model and add a 8gb sdhc card. the reason i got my trekstor vibez is that it offered 12gb with native FLAC support but it is a microdrive. i could get potentially the same size but flash based with the D2... IF it support sdhc.

my tiny f2 is my first cowon DAP and i absolutely love it and totally impressed by the SQ the little bugger pumps out. give me 12gb of flash based memory from them and i am there.

anyone have any idea when we might start seeing high capacity flash players (15gb+)? not sure if i should just continue to wait.

Jan 11, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #15 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm with you. i would get the 4gb model and add a 8gb sdhc card. the reason i got my trekstor vibez is that it offered 12gb with native FLAC support but it is a microdrive. i could get potentially the same size but flash based with the D2... IF it support sdhc.

my tiny f2 is my first cowon DAP and i absolutely love it and totally impressed by the SQ the little bugger pumps out. give me 12gb of flash based memory from them and i am there.

anyone have any idea when we might start seeing high capacity flash players (15gb+)? not sure if i should just continue to wait.

researchers already developed an over 30gb single flash memory chip. Not sure how that's going, but im sure theyll only up it a little at a time to make more money over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back