I want to have faith in Ray Samuels Audio... but I just don't
Aug 8, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #196 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Freekin enjoy your toys already, and worry about your own successes and failures and unless its truly a crime, dont worry about everyone elses.
Anyway, we got Bose and Monster to make fun of and point fingers at....and theyre big enough to take it.
biggrin.gif
lol

beerchug.gif
x2

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #197 of 267
Quote:

I also dont give a hoot who copied what, as long as it wasnt illegal and sneaky.
I have a bunch of DIY amps here, and im sure the builders didnt design every one of them from the ground up.....but im happy with them all and the price i paid and they all work fine and sound good. As long as i get what i want, i really dont give a darn.

Well I care who copied who if it relates to one person enriching themselves at the expense of another. There is a DIY design that is currently in final stages that was being protected closely due to an amp maker (not RSA) that liked to copy the design for profit.

Most if not all DIY designs in the public domain are available for build for a DIY builder. Fairly selfish statement from you ' as long as you get what you want you don't give a damn', that kinda sucks and is the antithisis of what the community should stand for. Well at least you are honest if not moral.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #198 of 267
I said as long as it isnt illegal and sneaky.
People point fingers for attention most of the time, or jealousy or some competition, thats what im getting at. Its just getting rediculous is all. All im saying is not to obsess yourself with it, and enjoy your toys.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #199 of 267
Quote:

I said as long as it isnt illegal and sneaky.
People point fingers for attention most of the time, or jealousy or some competition, thats what im getting at. Its just getting rediculous is all. All im saying is not to obsess yourself with it, and enjoy your toys.

"Enjoy your toys" is a statement that trashes the very hobby of hundreds of people here. If people want to learn what it is that makes good sound (and use that knowledge to help other people, make informed decisions, have more fun, etc) then why should they be told to stop?

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #200 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Enjoy your toys" is a statement that trashes the very hobby of hundreds of people here. If people want to learn what it is that makes good sound (and use that knowledge to help other people, make informed decisions, have more fun, etc) then why should they be told to stop?

My sentiments exactly.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #201 of 267
Theres some people that just like to point fingers rather than enjoying their toys......im just saying to enjoy what you have more than constant arguing about things that nobody has any proof of, like conspiracies and who stole what, and whos in the underground headfi illuminati, whos designing things to fail, whos a fanboy, whos advertising for free stuff....etc.

Its just that people with no proof just jump on the bandwagon, and sometimes its the same people in different threads just trashing people.
Im not saying if its a legit problem to sweep it under the rug and be a jellyfish.....but i think people become an angry mob and grab their torches and farm tools a bit too fast to go after the frankenstein monster and say alot of things that can hurt people, before there is any proof at all.
All im saying is to lighten up a bit , enjoy your toys, and not to worry until theres a REAL reason, not conjecture and "he said/she said".

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #203 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I care who copied who if it relates to one person enriching themselves at the expense of another. There is a DIY design that is currently in final stages that was being protected closely due to an amp maker (not RSA) that liked to copy the design for profit.

Most if not all DIY designs in the public domain are available for build for a DIY builder. Fairly selfish statement from you ' as long as you get what you want you don't give a damn', that kinda sucks and is the antithisis of what the community should stand for. Well at least you are honest if not moral.

And how am i not moral?
I said as long as it isnt "sneaky", meaning if the builder is honest and open about sources and whats inside. Im just not worried if they designed the product from the ground up all by themselves. Im not saying that i dont care if someones a totally immoral theif thats being sneaky and stealing.
Theres only so many designs to be had, and alot are text book and maybe slightly modded from the original,,but theyre open designs and its fine to use them.
Got that torch lit yet? This is what i meant.
You didnt see any of the positive in what i said, and jumped right into the part you wanted to torch.

Aug 8, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #204 of 267
Interesting read, definitely got to see a side of head-fi not normally encountered around here. Personally I think RSA should be cut a little slack for its product descriptions. More often than not we see manufacturers who can't stop gushing about their own work. That they throw some jargon into the mix shouldn't reflect negatively on them.

I have to admit I chuckled a little at asr's post. Didn't see the whole thing about his "grandiose exit" unfold, but there are enough pieces lying around I guess.

It's a little ironic that none of the DIY-inclined people are stepping up to chime in. Has anyone taken the time to actually open up one of his amps to take a look inside? I think it would do this thread a lot of good if this information were more readily accessible.

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #207 of 267
Quote:

And how am i not moral?

the quote I referenced was "as long as I get what I want I don't give a darn". Actually I do not see alot of positive in what you wrote, sorry. I see nothing wrong with the poster learning more and questioning things in that pursuit. What is illuminating is the number of people that came out to slam him including you in that pursuit. The usual suspects came out and instead of answering his question on the merits of the design came out and did two things, personally attack him for his motives or speak to the MOT as a person. I expect this in politics but maybe not here.

I am uncertain as to why we can not have a simple discussion regarding the merits of an amp. Maybe it's because people feel their amp is an extension of them. You are not your gear, questions regarding your gear do not mean they are questions about you, stop taking it so personally folks.

Several of the DIY people I know will not speak up in threads like this anymore because frankly it is not worth the hassle to them. If they try to share their knowledge they get slammed by people most of whom do not know what the heck they are talking about. It is not unlike religion and science, rather than discuss ideas logically thoughts that threaten your beleif system are met with anger and aggression.

ps this does not just relate to RSA but to any amp discussion. It can be obsevered when a members tries to tackle a preconception expressed by many. Sometimes they are right ans sometimes they are wrong but almost all the time they are attacked.

peace out

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #208 of 267
Quote:

the quote I referenced was "as long as I get what I want I don't give a darn". Actually I do not see alot of positive in what you wrote, sorry. I see nothing wrong with the poster learning more and questioning things in that pursuit. What is illuminating is the number of people that came out to slam him including you in that pursuit. The usual suspects came out and instead of answering his question on the merits of the design came out and did two things, personally attack him for his motives or speak to the MOT as a person. I expect this in politics but maybe not here.

I am uncertain as to why we can not have a simple discussion regarding the merits of an amp. Maybe it's because people feel their amp is an extension of them. You are not your gear, questions regarding your gear do not mean they are questions about you, stop taking it so personally folks.

Several of the DIY people I know will not speak up in threads like this anymore because frankly it is not worth the hassle to them. If they try to share their knowledge they get slammed by people most of whom do not know what the heck they are talking about. It is not unlike religion and science, rather than discuss ideas logically thoughts that threaten your beleif system are met with anger and aggression.

ps this does not just relate to RSA but to any amp discussion. It can be obsevered when a members tries to tackle a preconception expressed by many. Sometimes they are right ans sometimes they are wrong but almost all the time they are attacked.

peace out

I didnt attack the OP with what i said, and it was more of a blanket statement. The topic never got discussed properly and totally went the wrong direction as usual, and instead of discussing designs, it went into arguing mode, and whos guilty of what, etc.
I wrote quickly, and you singled out one part of what i said and expounded on it, after i tried to cover that aspect with saying that as long as hes open and not being illegal and sneaky, which was in my first post on the subject.
There shouldnt have been so much pointing fingers ,etc.
They should of just talked designs, etc.
Whatever....just either get back on topic.....the real topic, not the pointing fingers part, or argue, which some people like best.
smily_headphones1.gif

And if you dont want to enjoy your toys, then dont.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #209 of 267
Quote:

x³³³

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #210 of 267
I'm not doubting the thread starter but just guessing could the hiss be coming from picking up interference through an inadequately shielded interconnect or powercord? The SA5000 is rather peaky in the treble IIRC and may have made the hiss more obvious.

I've only tried the Apache and it certainly impressed me in terms of inky black background and great sound quality. While this doesn't mean the Raptor should be fine, it does indicate to me that RSA is pretty competent in amp design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back