I wanna get a new earphones for my iPod nano 5G ...
Oct 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Memo759

New Head-Fier
hey guys ...  
I want to buy a new earphones for my iPod nano 5g
ksc75smile.gif

and i need your help to choose one of these model

1. Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

2. Bose in-ear headphones

3. SHURE SE 115 Sound Isolating Earphones

4. Griffin TuneBuds Fit Unbeatable sound and all-day comfort

Actually i don't need a mic and I want an earphone with good bass and high quality audio and wanna feel a big difference over my stock iPod earphones

so what do you think ?

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 11
Hm... Well none of those are going to earn much respect on this site.... What is your price range? That's usually a good starting point for help on this website. (By the way, are you trolling? If so, it couldn't hurt to just try and ask.)

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 11
I don't think he's trolling - a lot of people start off on this forum listing a few options that are only available where they can purchase them locally in stores, and those are pretty common options. Actually, I think the Apple in-ears have quite a few fans here. And pretty much all the options listed by the OP will still be an improvement over the stock iPod earphones - although I doubt any of them are going to be the first recommendations from any of the more experienced members here.

Welcome to the forum btw Memo. Have a look at this comparison thread, which may give you some idea of what you are looking for.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-115-iems-compared-monster-miles-davis-tribute-added-10-17

It might also help if you told us a little more about your other requirements - how fussed are you about comfort, how isolating do you need them to be, how much are you willing to spend, etc etc?

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Hm... Well none of those are going to earn much respect on this site.... What is your price range? That's usually a good starting point for help on this website. (By the way, are you trolling? If so, it couldn't hurt to just try and ask.)

well my price range is 700 EGP (i'm from Egypt btw) and here is the prices in EGP:

http://www.tradelinestores.com/categories/iPod-Accessories/Earphones/ 

so i listed the 4 models that fits my budget ...

Quote:
I don't think he's trolling - a lot of people start off on this forum listing a few options that are only available where they can purchase them locally in stores, and those are pretty common options. Actually, I think the Apple in-ears have quite a few fans here. And pretty much all the options listed by the OP will still be an improvement over the stock iPod earphones - although I doubt any of them are going to be the first recommendations from any of the more experienced members here.

Welcome to the forum btw Memo. Have a look at this comparison thread, which may give you some idea of what you are looking for.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-115-iems-compared-monster-miles-davis-tribute-added-10-17

It might also help if you told us a little more about your other requirements - how fussed are you about comfort, how isolating do you need them to be, how much are you willing to spend, etc etc?
 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks man 
smily_headphones1.gif

that link was really so helpful ...
but as you mentioned I have few options to choose from coz we don't have all of these models here in Egypt
we have only these models :
http://store.ishop.com.eg/index.php?c=9 
http://www.tradelinestores.com/categories/iPod-Accessories/Earphones/ 

and I don't have so much requirements I only want an earphone with good quality , warm sound and reasonable isolating and i can spend up to 700~800 EGP (130$)... 

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 11
^ You've got quite a bit of a tricky selection then, namely because: The apple in-ears will be isolating, but not warm. The Bose in-ears have a big port and won't be isolating, though they will be warm. I doubt the Tunebuds will be very good. The Shure's might be what you are after if you can find some reviews of them here.

You can't order from somewhere that will do international shipping?

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
^ You've got quite a bit of a tricky selection then, namely because: The apple in-ears will be isolating, but not warm. The Bose in-ears have a big port and won't be isolating, though they will be warm. I doubt the Tunebuds will be very good. The Shure's might be what you are after if you can find some reviews of them here.

You can't order from somewhere that will do international shipping?

man its really a good idea as the earphones is light and won't cost me so much in shipping
ok man i strongly agree with you
and i really appreciate your help
so what do you recommend for me in the 100$ range ...

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 11
Haha well you should take your pick from joker's thread, there are plenty of great options under $100 for a warm sound. There are also a few places that might do international shipping for cheap to you - for instance, Accessoryjack or Soundearphones will do cheap international shipping I believe.

If you do want a mic/music control then go with the Klipsch S4i. Otherwise you are pretty spoilt for choice - maybe some other members might make a good recommendation.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #8 of 11
Klipsch Custom 3; the cable is terrible, but you can cut the outer sheath away. $100 at adorama.com.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #11 of 11
Well... Don't I feel like a jerk... Anyway, my first pair of semi-real headphones was a set of klipsch image s4's. They had good bass, but aren't as clear as something like the custom 3. Just throwing them out there. About 79.99. Very comfortable. The s4i with music control is about 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back