I think my wireless PC card is possessed
Aug 16, 2007 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

EyeAmEye

Aka: ulogin.
Last night I put my Verizon V640 wireless card into my laptop, and unlike any other day where it flashes green for connection, red for unconnected, I get a steady purple light. Having never seen it before, I checked the manual, and there's no mention of a purple light, or any other light other than green or red.

So I decide, against better judgment, to give Verizon a call, and as expected, they don't have a clue either. A quick google search brings up one forum making mention of a blue/purple light, but nobody knows what it means. The only thing I do know is I am out of service. Awesome.

I think all those conspiracy theories about AI's developing a mind of their own is coming true, or the devil is playing with me
very_evil_smiley.gif
I've tried reinstalling the software, reinstalling the drivers, rebooting, disabling/enabling the express card slot. I even tried restoring to a week ago in case their was a recent install incompatibility.The laptop recognizes the card and claims the device is enabled and working properly, but I can't get a signal. If it were a signal loss problem, wouldn't Verizon know this? I took out all USB connections. Nothing working.

Anyone else have a problem like this before? Any advice?
confused.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 10
It could be a problem with the local cell site. Try driving across town and see if you get service. All else fails, if you are still under warranty, I would get the card replaced.

Zip

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 10
I get such BS all the time, different with each WinXP's install, heh, my WinXP Pro is possessed i guess.

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 10
If it starts singing "Daisy Bell", I highly suggest pulling the card out...
eggosmile.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #10 of 10
it's strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back