I think I've see and heard it all...
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

magicianky

New Head-Fier
So at the store the other day, I ask a lady if she needs anything else for her iPod to go with the charger she was buying, mainly suggesting a better pair of headphones as I saw the tell-tale white cable of the Apple earphones around her neck. She said, "You think you have something better than me? I have custom molds." I ask her which pair she has and she points to the Apple buds and smiles. What do I see...? Custom tips attached to the Apple earphones while hearing her say, "I guarantee nothing you sell (Shure, Westone, UE, Turbines, Klipsch, Etymotic) can sound better than this." Suffice to say, I was speechless.

So I know there isn't much point to this post, but I had to share.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 3
You know, It could well be that that they might be decent. You're converting open buds to a sealed IEM with Fostex drivers, so you might end up with a pretty interesting sound. I'd be curious.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, apparently they do sound nicer than stock when you get a seal...those yurbuds things, for example.  Still though, to say that they're better than anything in the store...is a bit (a lot) of a stretch.  But it'd still sound waaaayyy better than stock, and stock iBuds really aren't all THAT bad, considering they're bundled with the iDevice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back