I think I have a problem :/
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
I went and bought a bunch of classical CDs which I can't WAIT to get into and listen, but I can't take a break from listening to the music I already have haha....

Well does anyone else have this "problem" and know how to fix it? Music just sounds so good. I am so glad I found this site 2 years ago.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 17
You can't fix it. It's terminal.

Although some say that listening non-stop to smooth jazz for at least three hours can alleviate the symptoms temporarily. Try Kenny G. Four out of five doctor recommend him. The other fell asleep.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 17
Now that sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 17
Sorry but I do not think there is a fix.
tongue.gif

Just have to continue listening to the music you already have until you get really bored of it. "Repeat all tracks" 100 times might do the trick.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 17
Next time you take a break, just start listening to the classical when you go back. It'll sound so good, you'll then find it hard to go back to your other stuff. Lather, rinse, repeat.
beyersmile.png

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 17
Make time for your music, reserve time for your music and give everything a good listen.

Sometimes it's just hard though...

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Daily hardship and obstacles
wink.gif

Hey, us audiophiles have to shoulder the burden. Without us, the common populace would be forced to listen to nothing but brickwalled M. Cyrus CDs out of iBuds and Skullcandies.

I myself am proud to be faced with these troubles, knowing that people are better for it.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, us audiophiles have to shoulder the burden. Without us, the common populace would be forced to listen to nothing but brickwalled M. Cyrus CDs out of iBuds and Skullcandies.

I myself am proud to be faced with these troubles, knowing that people are better for it.

That's right!
I love music. I mean I LOVE IT. I have no idea how I went 17 years without knowing about this awesome stuff. Costs a ton of money (high schooler going to college :/) but it's well worth it.

I figure I get all the equipment and music now while my parents are paying for it before I go off to college and practically stop getting stuff completely :/

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So my Skullcandy headphones are not good?

frown.gif

Of course they are.
The greatest pair of headphones there is...
wink_face.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #15 of 17
Reading up on the history and background of some of the classical pieces you ordered would help to, and makes it an intellectually rewarding exercise. A lot of classical works follow well known larger scale forms such as the sonata, and having some understanding of this would greatly enhance the experience. Classical music is something that can pique your interest on many intellecual and emotional planes and the journey itself will be well worth your while in the long run. Don't give up yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back