I need your vocal trance opinions!
Apr 26, 2006 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Traumamc

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Please give me some vocal trance suggestions
smily_headphones1.gif
I really like ATB, if that helps at all. Just remember, it has to be VOCAL trance, I am not a fan of trance that does not have vocals.

Cheers!

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 18
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #10 of 18
Alex Barlett Feat Anthya - Touch The Sun (Duende RMX)
DJ Shog - Feel Me Through the Radio
Michael Woods - Solex (Close To The Edge)[Dogzilla vs. Michael Woods Remix]
Duderstadt & Kirsty Hawkshaw - Beautitude (Duderstadt Uplifting Mash Up)
Oceanlab - Satellite (Above & Beyond Remix)
Andain - You Once Told Me (Original Mix)

Some of my favorites. Have fun :p
I also second on the DI.fm Vocal Trance channel. I listen to it hours on end.

Apr 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tynody /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex Barlett Feat Anthya - Touch The Sun (Duende RMX)
DJ Shog - Feel Me Through the Radio
Michael Woods - Solex (Close To The Edge)[Dogzilla vs. Michael Woods Remix]
Duderstadt & Kirsty Hawkshaw - Beautitude (Duderstadt Uplifting Mash Up)
Oceanlab - Satellite (Above & Beyond Remix)
Andain - You Once Told Me (Original Mix)

Some of my favorites. Have fun :p
I also second on the DI.fm Vocal Trance channel. I listen to it hours on end.

Thirded. Though I mix it up with their Industrial Synthpop and regular Trance channels.

Heck, I remember listening to DI back when Shoutcast was a big, new thing and DI only had 1 or 2 channels. Now I feel old.
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like ATB, give BT a shot, especially the Movement in Still Life album (same era as ATB's 1999). "Never Gonna Come Back Down" is a good sample, try YouTube - Never Gonna Come Back Down

x2 on BT (though his style has shifted away from Trance and more into general electronica, I don't know that TBU has any lyrics) and also on that album, but because of the song "Satellite."

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 18
Theres a lot of great trance vocalists out there today. Here's Some of my favorites. Enjoy.

-Julie Thompson (Allure - Somewhere Inside. Signalrunners - These Shoulders. Tiesto - Do You feel Me)
-Ashley Tomberlin (Luminary - Amsterdam, Dark Eyes, Believe, My World)
-Carrie Skipper (Myon & Shane54 - Vampire)
-Armin Van Buuren - Imagine Album (practically every song is amazing)
-Zara - Lost
-Jaren Cerf (Surreal, Man on the run, You Never Said)
-Oceanlab/Justine Suissa (New Sirens of the Sea album)

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #14 of 18
If you liked ATB...then checkout Above & Beyond... their remix for Oceanlab of "Sirens of the Sea" is a good vocal track.

did u hear ATB's album Trilogy btw?

Apr 27, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #15 of 18
BT's Movement in Still Life is incredible. Hip Hop, Rock, Female Vocals, some of the best beats I've heard all wrapped into my favorite all time Trance Album.

Above and Beyonds Tristate and Sirens of the Sea are two excellent Vocal Trance
@Nocturnal, it's not a remix. Above and Beyond ARE Oceanlab (Just the Above & Beyond trio + Singer).
smily_headphones1.gif
Just as Gabriel and Dresden ARE Motorcycle.

Way out West, both Way Out West and Don't Look Now albums are classics.

Gabriel and Dresden's 2006 album has some of more fun, unique vocal trance.

All Hybrid Albums, I love them all. Wider Angle has the most female vocals. Morning Sci-Fi is mostly male vocals. I Choose Noise kinda of a mix. Overall, all their albums are amazing.

While I like all of them, including Tiesto, Van Burren or whatever. But for me, when it comes to mastery over Trance genre, being the best producers with interesting music and with the most skill: BT and Hybrid remain unmatched by anyone in the last 5 years. Always someone new out there proclaimed as the new prodigy and yet I still find BT's first album IMA to be better than anything I've heard in a while. Hybrid's Wider Angle is the same, nothing comes close to either of these two producers.

This is why I haven't bought much new trance lately, I just don't see much progression in this genre or the same level of skill as past producers.

Been told Arnej Secerkadic, proclaimed by Van Burren is the next dude to watch. I listen, and think, yeah this blows ass in comparison to Hybrid. Overrated. Then it's Darren Tate, again dissapointing, his stuff sounds GENERIC, and UNIMAGINATIVE. Thought James Holden would do some stuff, his Balance 005 album was interesting, good Vocal Trance, but again disappoints with nothing new or interesting, just good mix sets, big freaking deal. Trance needs more good imaginative producers, too much of the same stuff. Feel too many of the let's do some tutorial of fruity loops on Youtube, yay I'm a producer. I don't know much about producing, but I know when I hear a half assed, unimaginative effort. While Above and Beyond have some interesting stuff, I feel they are not talented or skilled. Just good at making some popular, danceable, likable tunes. Nothing interesting or unique to speak of. Gabriel and Dresden did some interesting stuff, but they remained to simplistic for my taste, I want more complexity, new sounds and they don't push that evelope, EVER. I just have to keep waiting and then be awed when Hybrid and BT come out with new material. BT's Binary Universe was just crap my pants this is incredible.

And we need more cool beats. Why do excellent beats have to be regulated to a few progressive/vocal trance artists but majority Goa/Psych? I mean c'mon, I think Gabriel and Dresden use the same EXACT beats in every freaking song. It's so monotonous and BORING. Van Burren's State of Trance Albums, I swear is just over an hour of the same boring beat non-stop. You can flip from State of Trance 2005, 2006 and 2007 seamlessly back and forth, and discover, it's the same exact monotonous beat. Nothing interesting ever.

Well that's my suggestion for Vocal Trance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back