I need some upgrade advice, I'll try to be specific. . .
Feb 1, 2011 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scannon18

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently looking for an upgrade to my Klipsch S4s. After six months of happy ownership, I'm ready for something new.  I am looking for a dynamic driver, because I really appreciate the bass impact that a BA driver can't quite achieve.  My ears are sensitive to treble, so the treble should be laid back; well presented, but with low energy. Clarity is another important quality to me, detail less-so.  Soundstage is very important, as is instrument separation.

I listen to a lot of electronic music, mostly dubstep, trance, and house.  Hip-hop as well.

I was looking at the Atrio M8, but am a little uncertain about the cheap plastic blue housing.  Also I've looked at the Denon C-710; apparently the treble is very energetic.

Let's try to keep this below $200, but I'll go as high as $250

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 3
 Radius DDM (HP-TWF11)
this one has been my favorite among Dynamic Drivers within $200 price range.
Another option is HJE900,
FX700/500   (above are from japanese makers,)

Re262 is another hitman, this time from Chines maker Head-direct . (personally never heard it myself but people seem to love it).

Plenty of reviews on the net... good ways to start your search..

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 3
The Radius has 2 dynamic drivers?  I've never seen such a thing.  I've looked at the HJE900s, they seem pretty cool with the removable cables.  But Amazon is selling them for $250, pretty steep, especially since I thought MSRP was lower than that.    I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the fx700.

If I can get over the looks of the Radius, it seems promising.  But that's a large "if."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back