I need some help with deciding on Hifiman RE-400 vs. Shure SE215 vs. Vsonic GR07
Jun 26, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #16 of 19
What do you think about the RHA compared to the SoundMagics? They fit into my budget also.

The E80 has a very mid-centric signature which is what I like about it, the treble is smoothed and the bass is neutral in quantity. The RHA will have a better build (metal), slightly more boosted lows, slightly more fatiguing/etched highs. RHA probably has better separation and soundstage, but can only be worn over-ear. It isn't for me personally as I'm a mid-head.

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #18 of 19
The E80 has a very mid-centric signature which is what I like about it, the treble is smoothed and the bass is neutral in quantity. The RHA will have a better build (metal), slightly more boosted lows, slightly more fatiguing/etched highs. RHA probably has better separation and soundstage, but can only be worn over-ear. It isn't for me personally as I'm a mid-head.

If only they had stores where we can try all sorts of earbuds on. :frowning2: Like microcenter for earbuds.

Years ago in my home country I remember being able to walk into music stores and sample the music.

I don't see stores like that in the US at all.

Jun 29, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #19 of 19

Are there any differences between the E80 and E80S aside from the inline mic and "smart switch"? No audio/tuning or build quality differences?

I ended up ordering on Amazon and the E80S was only a $1 more than the E80. Total was $55.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back