I Need Help & Guidance Please! I Have Looked All Over for IEMs, Read Reviews Upon Reviews....This is a genuine request for everyone's help
Jun 10, 2017 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Aloha Ladies & Gents.

Can all you IEM gurus, audiophiles, music lovers... Everyone everywhere please help me get a pair of IEMs for the types of music I will be listening to. Please! Not felt confident on my own to pull ze trigger so am hoping my Head-Fi brothers and sisters can rescue me,,,,,

I am happy to spend up to/around £300 for the right pair of IEMs. I have saved up for these so getting the right pair is really important to me. I am happy for these IEMs to be specific for the music noted below.The IEM needs to deliver a large amount of beautiful clean bass. All types of bass but not at a complete cost to the mids, trebles, highs etc. I am looking for something that will deliver not only the filthy bass drops but the beautiful female vocals found in the various types of music I want these IEMs for.

All types of Electronic Dance Music...Deadmau5, Daft Punk as a quick example but also House, Trance, Breaks, D&B, Trap, Liquid D&B, Deep House, Electro House, Melodic Dubstep, Indie Dance and I can go on and on but hopefully, you have a sense of what I am looking for.

I love all music but for this area, I am willing to invest in a pair of IEMs that sound best with these 'types' of music.

Eutrophic forms of D&B, House, Trance, Dubstep is a sweet spot....Tunes on Liquicity channel on YouTube or MrSuicideSheep and the various mixes. These two YouTube channels are some of my favourites for the music. Liquid & Uplifting.

Please help, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 9
I listen to a lot of Deadmau5 and Daft Punk on my Sony XBA N3 - nothing beats them. Extremely good at almost everything, but stellar for EDM. Superb deep textured bass from the dynamic and gorgeous smooth female vocals from dynamic mids and highs from the BA tweeter.
Tried lots of pairs to find the very best, and these are it for me.
Check out the Sony N1 N3 thread, you'll see others with the same experience.
If you can try them first, you may very well agree. Always try before buy when you get to these prices, IMHO.
:)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 9
I listen to a lot of Deadmau5 and Daft Punk on my Sony XBA N3 - nothing beats them. Extremely good at almost everything, but stellar for EDM. Superb deep textured bass from the dynamic and gorgeous smooth female vocals from dynamic mids and highs from the BA tweeter.
Tried lots of pairs to find the very best, and these are it for me.
Check out the Sony N1 N3 thread, you'll see others with the same experience.
If you can try them first, you may very well agree. Always try before buy when you get to these prices, IMHO.
:)

Thank you @Intensecure very much indeed for taking the time to put forward what is turning out to be based on the Sony N1 N3 thread as you said and elsewhere on the internet a fantastic IEM!! I have owned many Sony items through the years but for some reason never thought of Sony and IEMs...That would be ignorance on my part!

Would be great if more people can take a bit of their time to put forward some suggestions on other IEMs or even just a 'Hell Yeah' for the Sony XBA N3!

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 9
Sennheiser IE80 would be good for your tastes too

Jun 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Let me count the iems......

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 9
There are a lot in this price range for sure. I listen to headphones more than iem's. I do like my Echobox Finder X-1's a lot though. They are a bit bright but do have good bass ,soundstage and detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back