I need help finding a portable amp!
Feb 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #16 of 60
Oh, and in regards to the monster turbines, I'm interested. But the one problem I have with them is that they're discontinued. Why?

I want to buy my headphones from a reliable and credible manufacturer so I have the warranty. I'm not buying them from some kid on eBay. If there's a place where I can buy them with a guaranteed warranty/return policy? I'd probably end up trying the monsters.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #17 of 60
Oh, and in regards to the monster turbines, I'm interested. But the one problem I have with them is that they're discontinued. Why?

I want to buy my headphones from a reliable and credible manufacturer so I have the warranty. I'm not buying them from some kid on eBay. If there's a place where I can buy them with a guaranteed warranty/return policy? I'd probably end up trying the monsters.

Try Amazon.

You need quality music to enjoy quality cans, along with a legit DAC and amp. Your hip hop and rap music are usually too poorly recorded to contain much detail. There isn't much detail from synths in electronic music anyways.

Majority of the people here listen to old rock or classical mainly, where instruments are acoustic and contain tons of detail regular headphones can't recreate.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #18 of 60
You need to amp them and use a bass boost, like I told you. ; ) get an E11 and switch on the bass boost. Try to use no less than 320kbps files. I've been through the bass head craze before I started discovering mids, highs and other wonderful quality if sound. You need to amp the M100 and use bass boost.

Good luck. :wink:

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 60
I find "flat" music extremely dull and boring. And these headphones are insanely flat. The sound quality really isn't any better than my urbeats. Is it better? Yes. But it sounds incredibly far away. So after you take that into consideration, they don't sound any better. If you have a problem with my taste in music, well, then why post? I'm just giving my honest opinion. The sound quality is good. The bass is lacking, as well as the mids. Overall, they have nice build quality. But they lower ends of the sound spectrum are lacking.

This place isn't for you. People here are looking for "flat" headphones so they actually hear how the music is mixed and supposed to sound like. You've probably read all the statements from Dr.Dre.

The artist mixes the music to his/her tastes on what they think is the best, so naturally, the best headphone is one with flat response to recreate the mix perfectly. You're looking for extremely exaggerated bass which THE ARTIST SIMPLY DIDN'T INTEND ON EXISTING. You're distorting the music, mutilating it.

The urbeats = old ibeats. I had them. I loved them at first. Moved up the chain because others are simply better. You can look at my profile for everything I once had.

Once again, the M100 DOES NOT HAVE RECESSED BASS. They are slightly boosted, so you're actually getting more bass than what the artist intends you to hear. I think you have problem with artists not adding enough bass to their songs, and not what headphones you are using.

No offense, you have quite poor judgement of music. It's the lyrics, the melody, the progression, and the dynamics that matter. Not just BOOM BOOM BOOM BASS BASS BASS.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #20 of 60
This is an ongoing controversy. Audiophiles seem to like trebly or mid-range music like classical music or vocals or jpop. But large segments of the population apparently wanted bass in their headphones, and thus Beats has now completely dominated the headphone market by giving the market what it wants. The audiophile community now seems to be worried that their favorite brands will chase that money and start bassifying their products as well . . .

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #21 of 60
  This is an ongoing controversy. Audiophiles seem to like trebly or mid-range music like classical music or vocals or jpop. But large segments of the population apparently wanted bass in their headphones, and thus Beats has now completely dominated the headphone market by giving the market what it wants. The audiophile community now seems to be worried that their favorite brands will chase that money and start bassifying their products as well . . .

Relatively neutral phones including the classics from Senn, Beyer, AKG, Hifiman, etc. are here to stay for quite a while though.

I don't think we need to be worried that the companies start catering to a larger audience, just that they continue making decent products without charging a premium for true "audiophile" equipment.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #22 of 60
I guess I'm not saying that these headphones aren't nice. They have very accurate sound and are the clearest headphones I've ever owned. They just don't pack enough of that UMPH power I'm looking for. I guess I may be on the wrong website for that. But I figured I'd listen to what you all have to say considering most of you are complete and total experts compared to my tiny and minuscule knowledge on audio. I just love the feeling when I'm listening to music, dubstep for example, and the drop hits, and just, boom. Magic. That deep rumble of the bass that drowns out everything else in the world is amazing. My urbeats are NEARLY there. I just hate the fact that the highs and mids especially become very muddled and poor sounding. For rock, these things are excellent. I listened to some alternative and classic rock, and it sounded perfect.

Unfortunately, that's not even 1% of my playlist. So yeah, I guess I'm just a general stupid bass-head consumer just looking for a little more. Is that really so wrong? I appreciate quality. These have quality. But the bass is too weak compared to other headphones I have. Also, the mids are kind of pathetic too, which is sad. And I don't like the way they bring out the vocals, although, that's just a matter of opinion.

Fact is: I'm not looking for music the way it was intended to be heard. I'm looking for headphones that can recreate how it was intended to be heard, but then triple the bass in a drop or during the heavier portions of the song. Is it wrong to want that? Maybe in your opinion. But to me, I love that sound and feeling. I guess I'm stuck with beats, then. Since apparently they have the bass in the market. I might try their over-the-ear cans, though. Do any of you know anything about the Pros? Or the executives? Which are better?

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #23 of 60
I guess I'm not saying that these headphones aren't nice. They have very accurate sound and are the clearest headphones I've ever owned. They just don't pack enough of that UMPH power I'm looking for. I guess I may be on the wrong website for that. But I figured I'd listen to what you all have to say considering most of you are complete and total experts compared to my tiny and minuscule knowledge on audio. I just love the feeling when I'm listening to music, dubstep for example, and the drop hits, and just, boom. Magic. That deep rumble of the bass that drowns out everything else in the world is amazing. My urbeats are NEARLY there. I just hate the fact that the highs and mids especially become very muddled and poor sounding. For rock, these things are excellent. I listened to some alternative and classic rock, and it sounded perfect.

Unfortunately, that's not even 1% of my playlist. So yeah, I guess I'm just a general stupid bass-head consumer just looking for a little more. Is that really so wrong? I appreciate quality. These have quality. But the bass is too weak compared to other headphones I have. Also, the mids are kind of pathetic too, which is sad. And I don't like the way they bring out the vocals, although, that's just a matter of opinion.

Fact is: I'm not looking for music the way it was intended to be heard. I'm looking for headphones that can recreate how it was intended to be heard, but then triple the bass in a drop or during the heavier portions of the song. Is it wrong to want that? Maybe in your opinion. But to me, I love that sound and feeling. I guess I'm stuck with beats, then. Since apparently they have the bass in the market. I might try their over-the-ear cans, though. Do any of you know anything about the Pros? Or the executives? Which are better?

Get speakers, you can get a fairly good setup for your budget.

I got http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Primus-Two-way-Bookshelf-Satellite/dp/B0045NCB32 and http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PTAU45-Stereo-Amplifier-Inputs/dp/B003OELGGG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392823239&sr=8-4&keywords=amp+ptau. $300 total investment and more punch than my T90 or UM Miracles put together. That's even with no subwoofer. 

Pros have less bass than the rest of the Beats lineup I believe, but it's cleaner and still enough to make my head hurt after 30 minutes of listening. You're not talking to an old person here, I'm still a teenager.

I wouldn't return the M100 if I were you. Get http://www.digizoid.com/index.php?p=zo2 somewhere, it has over 10 bass increments. The first edition is often on the FS/FT forums for $60. They bloat the sound a bit but its obvious you don't care.

Recap: Get speakers from any reputable brand. $200for a set of speakers and $100 for an amp will give you more. You can still afford a ZO or ZO2 amp for your headphones. You can add a subwoofer later whenever you have the money.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #24 of 60
The problem with speakers and bass, is that bass travels through walls much better than mids or treble. It's like the wall doesn't exist. So if you're in an apartment (outside of a bad neighborhood) you'll get complaints and maybe an eviction.

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #25 of 60
Really? I've asked people if building a good speaker system would be doable at my budget, and everyone laughed and said I'd
Need at least $600 or so. Also, they would be used in the basement of my house, so I don't think I'll get noise complaints. Do you really think I could build a powerful speaker system for that little?

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #26 of 60
Yes. Frankly, the speaker section here are obsessed with cables and $3000 DACs.

They're more into wondering if their equipment can play 196/24 files than rather hearing the difference.

That and there's more elderly people into speakers, so their ears can't be trusted.

I might be a bit too harsh on them, but to;Dr, for what you want, you'll get more out of speakers than headphones. Even at your budget.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 60
I've looked at $200 pre-built Sony speaker systems before at like; best buy and sears. They're absolute garbage. What do you mean by "get a speaker system"? Like build one? Or I could just go to the store and pick up $300 speakers and just go?

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #28 of 60
Go online, read some reviews, buy a pair of bookshelf  speakers and a speaker amp. 

Don't buy the garbage prebuilt systems. I already gave you a link, check them out.

EDIT: You can't get much for a good price or even anything really good at any brick and mortar store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back