I need help again...
Nov 13, 2001 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 40
I agree with Neruda. V6s are what you want.

Nov 13, 2001 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 40
Thirded... go w/ the V6s.

Nov 13, 2001 at 8:27 PM Post #19 of 40
Just to clarify my post - I do not own the denons, but do own grado sr-60s, akg 501s and sony v6s. In my experience, and from what I have read on these and other boards, v6s are the best choice for your intended purpose.

Dave

Nov 13, 2001 at 8:49 PM Post #20 of 40
Well if gluegun doesn't say anything about the Denons within the next day or so then I guess I'll get the sonys instead.
cool.gif

Edit: Does anyone know where I can get a cheap pair of new sony mv6 headphones? Thanks.

Nov 13, 2001 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 40
V6's, you'll hear whatever anomolies may exist in a mp3.

George

Nov 13, 2001 at 9:25 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hogwildstore/mdrv6.html

v6s for $69, or you can do like I did and wait for someone to post in the for sale forum.

BTW, don't forget the Beyer pads.

Thank you for the link. I'm on the verge of buying the sonys at the moment(gluegun where are you
tongue.gif
). Where does one get the beyer pads? You said before that you had to call beyer. You got the number or the URL?
biggrin.gif

edit: Oh ****. You didn't say that, it was macdef. sorry.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 13, 2001 at 9:34 PM Post #24 of 40
Nov 13, 2001 at 10:08 PM Post #26 of 40
No, and the V6 and 7506 are made in such the same way that, like, only, what, two parts? the place where it says the name and the plug, right? are different. So, like, they will be the same.

Nov 13, 2001 at 10:46 PM Post #28 of 40
*sigh*

They were joking when they said me.....

Just, forget it......

Trust your own ears.....

The only thing I can really tell you about the two are what I've heard.....the closest I've gotten to either of those headphones is hearing sone Denon AHD-750's for a short while off of a wall of headphones, and holding the MDR-7506's in my hand for two seconds.

And, like, there's been a lot of joking in this thread.....

it'd be nice if it wasn't so daggone mean....

I mean, saying I own both? putting the Big O in your "to get"?

I'd say, just check out the Denon AHD-950, Sony MDR-V6, Grado SR-80, Allesandro MS-1, AKG K401, and Sennheiser HD495.

The AKG's and Senn's are kinda hard to drive, but shouldn't be too hard. I thik. Don't use the Grado's or Allesandro's for gaming. The V6 blocks out a lot of sound, the 950 blocks out some, the others, none. Be wary of the comfort of the Grado and Allesandro, it might not be right for your head.

Nov 13, 2001 at 10:58 PM Post #29 of 40
Thanks for letting it all out. I knew I noticed something in your previous post. If I souned mean then I'm sorry. The only point that I knew it sounded that way is when you finally said something about it.
eek.gif
And really now putting "the big O" in my first "to get" post was so exagerated and out of the level of the others I deemed it to be a "joke".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
joke (jk)
n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
Informal.
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

v. joked, jok·ing, jokes
v. intr.
To tell or play jokes; jest.
To speak in fun; be facetious.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that clears things up. Sorry for any hard felt feelings that came your way via me. It was not intentional.

Nov 13, 2001 at 11:09 PM Post #30 of 40
Anyways, are you going to check out those headphones any? The ones I suggested? Each has their own purpose, for the most part....

maybe if you could get more specific in your uses, what you need, what you want, what they will be connected to, every little detail you can think of, we can narrow it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back