I NEED a place to try a good ammount of headphones!
Jul 29, 2009 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Gbjerke

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm 15, my budget isnt always that low, but i cant afford going wrong with headphones. Theres no way I'll ever(prolly) will go to a meet since i live here in norway at the other side of the globe. Right now I'm looking for closed, but all i seem to find around here is Bose and Scullcandy, stupid stupid small country
angry_face.gif
. Is there anywhere where i can try to find the signature right for me and my amp? Preferably in the Oslo area, this will probably not get any replies as its quite indept, and the only one i know of that lives here is krmanthis, ill pm him if this doesnt work. I decide, and then undecide, i need to get something that i like to start with, and when i upgrade to something else, ill atleast know what signature to get/tweak.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 52
I think there are a few other Norwegian Head-Fi'ers. Since you're likely in school, why not ask to see if your school has a meeting room you can use on an evening or weekend. Then you can organize a meet where, hopefully, other members will bring their headphones.

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 52
I have a couple of headphones you could check out, but I live in the Hønefoss area. and to be honest, I don't really feel like traveling to Oslo to show you my set..

but you could check it out if you come here, just buy some dinner and head over to my place and Ill cook myself some food you bought me (I'm a hifi-loving student, I can't afford food) while you play with my set..

here is what I have to show:
Beyerdynamic 770 pro 32 ohm
Beyerdynamic 770 pro 600 ohm
Grado sr60
Grado sr325i
Audio technica ath-esw10jpn
and a partially broken pair of ultimate ears super.fi 5

the only amps I have is a zvex iMPAMP, the pico dac and an old pa2v2..

as you see, nothing I have is "SUPER AWESOME LOLOLZ" but its good enough for some sorry sob student..

oh and protip: Just buy whatever the hell you wish, since its impossible to get good headphones in Norway, you can surely sell whatever you buy for at least what you paid for it.. I sold a pair of Denon ahD2000 for about 100$ more than I bought them for.
but that requires that you buy it internationally of course, but there is really not any reason not to buy internationally anyway

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 52
ive never bought anything in norway, i just believed that something like the hifi club etc. would atleast have SOMETHING? I'm looking for something portable for now, to be driven by a portable amp, hopefully something signature wise as the hd650, i head the beyers DT are quite bright, if so the only thing on ur list id like to try are the esw10. How do you sell used more expensive? Just pass it on to norwegians once they heard their potential? I was almost ready to get the hd650, have it like a trnasportable with an ipod and p3+, then get a iem for portable use and tube amp and a sacd player for home...but then ppl say it wont be powered blahblahblah

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 52
there is a lot of places in oslo you can check out headphones.. stop by Stereofil - Butikken for stereo og hjemmekinoelskere i Grensen 9! for example, they have a fair amount of headphones..

I don't really understand why you would want the hd650's.. They are insanely famous and all, but they are also insanely boring imo..
The DTs are not too bright, they are absolutely worth a try, especially with your taste in music..
the esw10s are really nice, but I feel they are REALLY made for classical music.. Listening to anything but classical is a waste with these headphones and absolutely not worth the price if your not into Wagner

When I'm going to sell some headphones, I first try to pry them off on my friends (if I find the headphones worthy), and if that fails, you can surely place an add on finn.no and after a while, some sorry hifi wannabe comes along and wants to buy something without thinking first

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 52
Thanks. Ill have to get to oslo next week then. the reason i wanted them, is that the sound i have now(****, i made a really bad choice lol) is way too bright, but though they were a bad choice i feel like a lot of phones will have the same signature. This hurts at more than moderate volume when i go OH so crazy, and makes hissing noises appear from bad recordings. How do they do at leakage your DTs? Maybe theres already a thread, but is the 770 the best bang for the buck?

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #8 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is a lot of places in oslo you can check out headphones.. stop by Stereofil - Butikken for stereo og hjemmekinoelskere i Grensen 9! for example, they have a fair amount of headphones..

I don't really understand why you would want the hd650's.. They are insanely famous and all, but they are also insanely boring imo..
The DTs are not too bright, they are absolutely worth a try, especially with your taste in music..
the esw10s are really nice, but I feel they are REALLY made for classical music.. Listening to anything but classical is a waste with these headphones and absolutely not worth the price if your not into Wagner

When I'm going to sell some headphones, I first try to pry them off on my friends (if I find the headphones worthy), and if that fails, you can surely place an add on finn.no and after a while, some sorry hifi wannabe comes along and wants to buy something without thinking first

Åh dæven så dårlig reviews de har. haha beats iems er de beste iemsa vi noen gang har hørt. Man skal høre mye..

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oslo? Isn't that where Krmarthis lives?

Contact him and see if you wanna audition some of the best headphones, amp, and dac in the world.

Yeah, I was about to say mr. 25k posts lives near you. Definitely worth paying him a visit.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #12 of 52
No point right now, thatll just degrade the sound of what ill be getting. all his stuff is high end which i wont have until im the production manager in Sennheiser

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No point right now, thatll just degrade the sound of what ill be getting. all his stuff is high end which i wont have until im the production manager in Sennheiser

Stop making bad excuses and go see him, there are plenty of head-fi-ers that would be happy to take your place.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 52
i dont live in oslo, bout 2 hours away and on vacation so maybe in a couple of weeks time. hopefully he can advice me on my nextheadphone as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back