I need a new pair of portable headphones
Feb 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Satellite_6

1000+ Head-Fier
I had a pair of Sennheiser CX300's until they broke recently and now I'm thinking about getting a pair of CX500's for about $40 to replace them (they were once $130). I don't use in-ear phones as much as full-sized ones so I don't want to spend too much. I liked the CX300's and I got them for dead cheap so that's why I'm looking at the CX500's. Good idea? Or should I consider a different pair?

I wanted to ask here because i don't know much about headphones, I've always just got cheap old Sennheisers.

thanks.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 8
If you want good bass, but you want clean, accurate bass without the muddiness of the CX300, and keep it around $50, you need to get the NuForce NE-7M. They will make you think you had cotton in your ears with the CX300s!! Super clean, good bass, and the trebles you were missing. They're on Amazon.com.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want good bass, but you want clean, accurate bass without the muddiness of the CX300, and keep it around $50, you need to get the NuForce NE-7M. They will make you think you had cotton in your ears with the CX300s!! Super clean, good bass, and the trebles you were missing. They're on Amazon.com.

oh really? Well that sounds good.

Anyone else recommend these? Any other options?

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 8
I can see why no one wants to reply to these threads, because it usually requires the same response. You could sit on this sub-forum all day answering:

NE-7M

NE-7M

NE-7M

NE-7M

etc.
redface.gif

don't take this post as a vote for NE-7Ms. I haven't gotten mine yet

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibble Fat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see why no one wants to reply to these threads, because it usually requires the same response. You could sit on this sub-forum all day answering:

NE-7M

NE-7M

NE-7M

NE-7M

etc.
redface.gif

don't take this post as a vote for NE-7Ms. I haven't gotten mine yet

Wow, that popular huh.

very well I'll prbly get them then.

never heard of NuForce tho. I originally wanted to get a senn because I know they make good stuff.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 8
from what I've read, its obvious there are more people (at least on here) who prefer Ne-7's in that price range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back