I Need A New DAP for Vacation
Aug 8, 2008 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

uraflit

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey y'all,

I'll be going on a 4 week trip down to Thailand, and I'd like to bring some music with me of course =D

I need a good durable flash player with a good line-out (or a clean headphone out, whatever), great battery life, and good interface...

I'll be primarily using the KSC35/75 and/or HD25-1 with the DAP

Any suggestions? I hear good things about the Cowon D2... but the touch interface is a bit finicky? The iAudio7 seems good too, but may be a bit too small at 16gb max... dunno about any other players

ph34r.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 5
Will you need the music in-country or just for the flight?
A Sansa Fuze 8GB is pretty small and rugged, and cheap. Plus, it sounds really good. Get a FiiO amp and you're set.

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah HD25 + FiiO for the flight would be good in the isolation department
wink.gif
I'm going to try that tomorrow when I fly up to Queensland here in Aus...

If you're listening to bass heavy music though you would probably be best running the HD25's without the FiiO in normal operation, as the bass overload can be a bit much. I find the HD25's very easy to drive out of a DAP anyway.

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 5
these fiio amps are getting popular arent they? =P

ill be needing the music in-country AND on the flight... but i wont mind spending more money if its a quality DAP...

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 5
cowon d2 sounds likke a good choice and has expandable memor and matches everything, iaudio 7 also, but if 16gb wont do, then don't bother. the touch interface isn't fikedy, but if you have huge fingers it can be hard, but it does include a stylus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back