I love this place...Narita/Tokyo...
Nov 15, 2005 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sionghchan

500+ Head-Fier
Myself and my family are on our way back to Malaysia to visit relatives (we are from Canada). We are using Japan Airlines and have to transit overnight in Narita, Japan.

I love this place..this is THE only airport to offer free internet connection in a breathtaking lounge. This is the only place where I can browse Head-fi (my first love, headphones) while looking out a floor to ceiling glass window at planes landing and taking off (my other love, civil aviation - planes)...

So far, I have spotted a Malaysia Airlines 777-200, a JAL 777-300, lots of JAL and ANA 747-400, a China Eastern 777-200, a China Southern A340, SAS A340, Turkish Airlines A330, EVA Air A330, JAL 767 (which I will be using later on) and lots more...

This is life...and just thought I would poke my head in to head-fi to say hi...

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 3
It is a city within an airport! I was just there a few weeks ago. Check out the new Panasonic and Sharp displays near the check-in counters. Also, one of the vendors there has the best collection of miniature cat statues. There's another vendor with miniature pens. Another with some great JPop, but the CDs are $30US!!! On the downside, the Japanese Curry was not that good - cheap on the beef and pretty watery.

Safe travels and, when you return, say "hi" to Vancouver, one of my favorite cities ever (next to NY that is
icon10.gif
)

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 3
although a lot smaller, i really like the new nagoya airport. it has the new modern feel that narita lacks. the united lounge is really cool since the seats give you an unobstructed view of the airplanes taking off and landing. too bad they don't offer wifi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back