I just ripped my CDs to lossless..
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Gbjerke

1000+ Head-Fier
And there is a large amount of static appearing. Not really at any spesific sound frequency, but maybe those that are the loudest. Could this be because of some ****ty ass broken cd player on my PC? I cant think of any other reason why this would happen.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 8
That made me a lot more comfotable. Ill just try my gamer rig back home, pretty much has the top of the line everything. Most of my CDs are in good condition, so hopefully i wont need EAC. Isnt that if you have like 5 or more scratches on it?

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That made me a lot more comfotable. Ill just try my gamer rig back home, pretty much has the top of the line everything. Most of my CDs are in good condition, so hopefully i wont need EAC. Isnt that if you have like 5 or more scratches on it?

I think it's best practice to EAC no matter what. I might be wrong though. Better safe than sorry?

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 8
Whats really the difference between lossless and EAC?

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats really the difference between lossless and EAC?

EAC is a program it can rip and compress to a variety of formats such as WAV, MP3 and lossless and you can specify your own choice encoder...

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Certainly sounds like a rip gone wrong.
As suggested above you should re-rip using a CD ripper application which perform some kind of checks for the validity of the ripped audio data. C2 errors, AccurateRip, checksum sectors, ...

EAC, dBpoweramp, Rip, ...

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 8
Incidentally, EAC isn't the easiest program to set up. I highly recommend it, but here's the guide I use to set up EAC. You kind of do need a guide, given the sheer volume of options, most of which aren't optimally set by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back