I just ordered the westone w2! Will I be happy with them
Mar 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 7
They are more resolving, so you will hear lots of hidden details and bass is good on them with better isolation. Some tips may change the sound, you have to find out first whats best tip for isolation, soundquality and comfort.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 7
Tips and insertion really affect the sound of this IEM. Deeper insertion is ideal for the best sound. In my personal opinion, I find them a bit lacking in the treble. Across the range, it feels as if it is holding back, so the presentation is a bit recessed. It also lacks in bass.

Oh wait, this is the W2. Not the UM2.... I think they should be closely similar.. but who knows. hahaha

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 7
Yes, you need to get a big and fitting tip, and get a real deep insertion. It may feel uncomfortable or too big at first, but take it slow and just insert them into your ear holes. You will get used to it eventually and start feeling good. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #6 of 7
Complys are great! The included tips aren't as great, but in another thread I read Westone is starting to ship their IEMs with new "epic" tips.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #7 of 7
i think you will need some time to get used to the bass. They aren't muddy and boomy as the S4.
most important thing to mention is, the fit. You have to practice more how to insert the over ear cable design IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back