I just introduced someone to head-fi
Apr 24, 2007 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Vicious Tyrant

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sitting her using the computer and I see a guy walk by with Senn PX-100s. Now, that's not the rarest sight, but it's pretty uncommon. So I have to do some quick calculating: is it worth disturbing his listening to ask about his headphones?

So I go ahead and catch his eye and ask if they're PX-100s, which of course they are. I ask if he likes them and he says he does. Then, I get gutsy and ask if he's on head-fi. He looks blankly at me, so I write it down and say its worth checking out.

He was polite and said thanks; he seemed interested. I felt a little dorky, but it was kind of cool. Who knows, maybe he'll get sucked in.

Anyone else ever do this?

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 33
My god, man. What have you gone and done?!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 33
lucky him.

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #8 of 33
I've introduced friends to the PX100, KSC75 HD650 and head-fi.

None of them ever seem to sign up...

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no, we can all see it now that within the next year or so that peson will be attending Head-Fi rehab sessions trying to kick the nasty habit.
very_evil_smiley.gif

more likely, he will look back in a year and think "man that dude was weird".
tongue.gif

i have never tried to talk to someone about headphones. not even arguing that iems have earwax on em because they're supposed to isolate.

Apr 24, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 33
I invited a guy from Circuit City who told me that all CD players sound exactly the same. He said the price difference was due to brands and features, but they all feed the same digital signal to the speakers or headphone jack.
In a matter-of-fact way he said ALL souces are exactly the same because it all comes down to zeros and ones.
plainface.gif

I told him he needed to read head-fi immediately and he should start at the Sources forum. I'll be going back later to test his knowledge.

Hello Circuit City guy... are you here yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #12 of 33
Yeah I introduced a friend to Head-Fi, he ended up with a pair of HD580, went to Headfest, and now has a pretty extensive wishlist. Yes, I'm just that evil
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 33
There was a guy sitting next to me on a plane last month I introduced.
I pulled out my er6i, he asked me how I liked them, I told him the isolation alone makes them worth the money but I thought they were good in sound quality, and he proceeded to pull out ue10's, coming straight out of an iPod. I asked if he had heard of head-fi and he said no, so I wrote down the site for him and told him that a hornet or tomahawk amp would be a good choice, he said thanks and told me he would check it out.

Apr 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I invited a guy from Circuit City who told me that all CD players sound exactly the same. He said the price difference was due to brands and features, but they all feed the same digital signal to the speakers or headphone jack.
In a matter-of-fact way he said ALL souces are exactly the same because it all comes down to zeros and ones.
plainface.gif

I told him he needed to read head-fi immediately and he should start at the Sources forum. I'll be going back later to test his knowledge.

Hello Circuit City guy... are you here yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

He was asking for it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back