I.... I'm deaf. Sort of. :'(
Jan 6, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #76 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much like visual art. People often see things like wrong perspectives that don't look right to them but they can't quite put their finger on what it is until the errors are properly explained and suddenly a light goes on. You don't see any better, you understand better. This is why art books include sections on one, two and three point perspective and examples. For some of us it's a natural ability to accurately dissect what we see/hear, for others it's a lot less intuitive.

True, but is that good or bad? I don't want someone else telling me what something means because all art is open to interpretation. What it means to me is all that matters. Many artists will tell you the same.

Jan 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #77 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a note to the OP:

I always listen to my headphones at VERY low volumes since I'm completely insanely paranoid about hearing loss. But I found that if I turned it up a bit higher it was alot easier to listen to/judge the sound and therefore alot easier to tell the difference between sources. I do not do this much since (as said) I'm paranoid. But maybe this is the reason why you can't hear the differences?

I'm the opposite. I can't get into the music unless it is at near realistic listening levels, which to me is moderately loud. I went to an ELP concert in 1973 and my ears were ringing for two hours after because it was so loud. Probably did permanent damage too.

Jan 6, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #78 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by fanta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darkvoice 332 Headphone Tube Amplifier(2007new version) - eBay (item 260193226813 end time Jan-11-08 06:58:10 PST)

How much of a better amp would that be over the Pico?

I'm not going to actually buy it, at least not right now, but I'm curious....

milkweg: most of my music is from the iTunes store so I can only play them on iTunes. Using another player like foobar isn't an option for me unfortunately. And I never knew anybody used Dolby Headphone for music, interesting. I have the JVC adapter for it which I plan to use for movies and games, maybe I'll give it a try with music.

You can get the links in the foobar thread that let you use foobar as the player but keep itunes as the skin/organizer. You can load whatever plug-ins foobar accepts. I'm using it and it sounds better than the players used so far.

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #79 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, but is that good or bad? I don't want someone else telling me what something means because all art is open to interpretation. What it means to me is all that matters. Many artists will tell you the same.

The example has nothing to do with artistic meaning, or whether it's good or bad, merely allowing people to understand what it is that is that's setting off bells in their heads. Many medieval paintings had very wacky perspective and it's nice to understand what you're seeing.

like this.
smily_headphones1.gif

tsotbc21.png

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #80 of 80
I don't really agree with some of these analogy's. I have listened to music for many years prior to when I started listening for the differences in sound quality. It's not like I'm listening to music for the first time. And honestly I think that just listening to the music can bring me at least as lot of enjoyment as listening carefully(for details or something else) to the same music through a different/better system. Or at least it used to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back